• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

T

Metarai

Inkling
NNID
Metarai
That's actually kind of weird, since squids live for 3-5 years and cuttlefish live for even shorter amounts. Maybe they use a different system, like dog years? Also Captain cuttlefish did mention that he had been watching the octarians since the war, which was 100 years ago, so he is probably older than that.

JuddTheCat

Inkling Cadet
For an old man, he sure has sturdy bones to climb up a manhole to spy on them young inklings...

Shuriblur

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shuriblur
That's actually kind of weird, since squids live for 3-5 years and cuttlefish live for even shorter amounts. Maybe they use a different system, like dog years? Also Captain cuttlefish did mention that he had been watching the octarians since the war, which was 100 years ago, so he is probably older than that.
But then, the Inklings also gain full control of human form at the age of 14 right? Well since everything evolved from squids and octopi whose to say the life expectancy didn't improve for them?

Zigzag991

Inkling
NNID
Zigzag991
And then when you consider the fact that Judd is over 2,000 years old (not counting the 10,000 he spent in the capsule), it really makes things odd.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Squid aren't human, so it doesn't surprise me too much. :P

Mrwhatzitooya

Pro Squid
He certainly doesn't seem to have aged as well as his Octarian counterpart! i assume DJ Octavia is the same age as him, since he was in the scroll, right? Well he certainly doesn't look as feeble as the Cap'n!

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
He certainly doesn't seem to have aged as well as his Octarian counterpart! i assume DJ Octavia is the same age as him, since he was in the scroll, right? Well he certainly doesn't look as feeble as the Cap'n!
Octavio is in his octopus form. For all we know, his human form might look old and feeble too.

Crucifigo

Pro Squid
NNID
Crucifigo
do squids have old peoples homes

is cap'n cuttlefish living in a sewer somewhere muttering about octopi

'mom that ugly cuttlefish tried to make me kill an octopus :('

Joseph Staleknight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
JStaleknight
Switch Friend Code
SW-1169-3473-1031
Had no idea that was Cuttlefish. I mean that style is so much more realistic.
And, if thats supposed to be DJ Octavio on the left, why did DJ Octavio never turn into his human form?
I'd have to say it's because his human form didn't have enough limbs to both fold like a boss and control his Wasabitron (his DJ turntable mecha) with. Also because he thought of himself as way better than the "puny squids" who often take on humanoid form, especially Cuttlefish.

Derpz

Inkling
So on the Splatoon wiki it says that Cap'n cuttlefish is older than 100 years. In Splatoon story mode, it says the great zapfish is exactly 100 years old. Does this mean that Cap'n Cuttlefish is older than the great zapfish? Here is the page on the wiki that says the Cap'n's info:

100+

Male

Status

Alive

Reason of death

Alive

Friends/Affilations

Inklings.

Enemies

Octarian, DJ Octavio

Species

Inkling

Relatives

Squid Sisters (granddaughters)

Cap'n Cuttlefish (Japanese: アタリメ司令 Commander

I have a small theory. Inklings/Octolings do a have a life span of around the average human.

The governments of each species could have been free, but in Octavio's case, he could have been in a ruling democracy.
Let me explain.
His kingdom has been given to him. That would mean his great grandfather, his father, and then himself.
This theory could also work for Cuttlefish, but I don't think his son was interested, or, didnt wanna believe in all that UFO stuff. I wouldn't really sit around like that for years.

Supporting this theory...
I don't think old men like dubstep, no matter how fresh your generation is.
This also makes sense with his dialogue, puns. He could possibly just be a young adult trying to show dominance for his kingdom. (Sounds like my dog)

If so, and if my pitiful theory IS true, I'm shipping him with one of the Squid Sisters.

CyanShadow

Inkling
NNID
denvee
i thought the gz (great zapfish) was 5,000 y's old..........
O O
--------

swamphox

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DawGnar
Ive decided inklings, as beings made of "ink", are actually all intelligent nano machine colonies. Theres probably no age limit for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom