Charger builds?

Maave

Inkling Commander
Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery. Ink Resistance and Swim Speed depending on my mood and for the short-range chargers. I find the mid-range chargers to be pretty lenient with gear. On Eliters I stack the crap out of ink saver and recovery to get enough shots.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I may have stated this above already but as a competitive charger main, I would recommend getting out of the habit of stacking Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up on a charger. I use like a main of Ink Recovery on my E-Liter but don't run any ink management on any of my other charger builds for every other charger (including squiffers, the 3 chargers (vanilla, firefin, kensa). I too used to stack a bunch of ISM on E-Liter. Enough for 6 shots as opposed to the default 4. I talked to another competitive charger main (Pika3k) and was explained to about why not to use it, and after heeding his advice I improved a lot on my charger game actually. The reason for not running it is to, well 1, you shouldn't need it if you hit your shots. If you miss a lot then you'll have trouble with ink management. Aside from this, you should get into the habit of cancelling charges to re-position if you don't have a shot, or aren't safe. This saves time, ink, and improves your ability to be more effective in a match. These are the biggest reasons of all, and they make a huge difference. Hope any of this helps

NNID
FranciscoCharlie
Switch Friend Code
SW-6187-4465-3022
I may have stated this above already but as a competitive charger main, I would recommend getting out of the habit of stacking Ink Saver Main and Ink Recovery Up on a charger. I use like a main of Ink Recovery on my E-Liter but don't run any ink management on any of my other charger builds for every other charger (including squiffers, the 3 chargers (vanilla, firefin, kensa). I too used to stack a bunch of ISM on E-Liter. Enough for 6 shots as opposed to the default 4. I talked to another competitive charger main (Pika3k) and was explained to about why not to use it, and after heeding his advice I improved a lot on my charger game actually. The reason for not running it is to, well 1, you shouldn't need it if you hit your shots. If you miss a lot then you'll have trouble with ink management. Aside from this, you should get into the habit of cancelling charges to re-position if you don't have a shot, or aren't safe. This saves time, ink, and improves your ability to be more effective in a match. These are the biggest reasons of all, and they make a huge difference. Hope any of this helps
Are You Sure Mar$el this will work be honset I'm just asking ok?

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
Are You Sure Mar$el this will work be honset I'm just asking ok?
Yes I'm sure. Hit your shots and think smart, and you don't need any ink management abilities (Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up) on any charger. Often I see lower skilled chargers running a bunch of Ink Saver Main and it's just a crutch for missing shots or painting more which are habits that you're gonna wanna break the better you get. Instead of compensating for skill with abilities, just learn how to play the weapon with no crutches, and you're more free to use more effective (or broken) abilities to maximum potential.

For Hero Charger, Firefin, and Kensa charger, this is my build.
For E-Liter 4K Scope, this is my build.

To answer any questions, no I don't run Tenacity. It's really not that effective.
Quick Super Jump is a must have for jumping out of bad situations. I always make sure I have 2 subs.
I run Haunt. I like it personally and it's good for callouts in competitive.
Lots of swim because I wanna be mobile and reposition fast. Also I can go further distances with charge holds.
Special Saver if I need special quicker after respawning.
One sub bomb defense because it's flexible in it's uses. Namely, my team runs Ink Armor all the time so I want to be protected from bomb indirects.

NNID
FranciscoCharlie
Switch Friend Code
SW-6187-4465-3022
Yes I'm sure. Hit your shots and think smart, and you don't need any ink management abilities (Ink Saver Main, Ink Saver Sub, Ink Recovery Up) on any charger. Often I see lower skilled chargers running a bunch of Ink Saver Main and it's just a crutch for missing shots or painting more which are habits that you're gonna wanna break the better you get. Instead of compensating for skill with abilities, just learn how to play the weapon with no crutches, and you're more free to use more effective (or broken) abilities to maximum potential.

For Hero Charger, Firefin, and Kensa charger, this is my build.
For E-Liter 4K Scope, this is my build.

To answer any questions, no I don't run Tenacity. It's really not that effective.
Quick Super Jump is a must have for jumping out of bad situations. I always make sure I have 2 subs.
I run Haunt. I like it personally and it's good for callouts in competitive.
Lots of swim because I wanna be mobile and reposition fast. Also I can go further distances with charge holds.
Special Saver if I need special quicker after respawning.
One sub bomb defense because it's flexible in it's uses. Namely, my team runs Ink Armor all the time so I want to be protected from bomb indirects.
oh ok thanks Mar$el. By The Way feel free to add me as friend if you want.;)

VS|JKing

Inkling
NNID
ElitexGamers
Switch Friend Code
SW-3593-3486-7795
My set ups normally work like this for chargers:
Splat Charger/Hero Charger-
Head: Swim Speed Up, three subs of Ink Recovery. This helps for the held shots and allows me to get my ink back faster after a shot
Clothing: Respawn Punisher, three subs of Ink Resistance Up. Helps for keeping enemies down longer and gives me a bit of resistance to enemy ink and allow some easier escapes
Shoes: Mix between either Run Speed Up, with three subs of Quick Super Jump, or a pure Swim Speed Up. Run Speed and Quick Super Jump help for escaping sticky situations, and for better positioning. Swim Speed Up on the other pair of shoes is mostly for the held charge shots

Splatterscope-
Head: Tenacity, still trying to make a set up with this headgear
Clothing: Same as the Splat Charger and Hero Charger
Shoes: Same as other set, but usually using Run Speed Up and Quick Super Jump since this charger doesn't utilize the held shots

I usually use this since I mostly stay in the backline, picking off people and helping my team score the objective. Respawn Punisher is a huge help here since it gets enemies to take longer to respawn, and it decreases their special by a lot once they do spawn back in. Which allows my team to make some more pushes without having to worry about the enemy having their special all too soon. This is usually how I play though, but Respawn Punisher is a crucial thing for my set.

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
My set ups normally work like this for chargers:
Splat Charger/Hero Charger-
Head: Swim Speed Up, three subs of Ink Recovery. This helps for the held shots and allows me to get my ink back faster after a shot
Clothing: Respawn Punisher, three subs of Ink Resistance Up. Helps for keeping enemies down longer and gives me a bit of resistance to enemy ink and allow some easier escapes
Shoes: Mix between either Run Speed Up, with three subs of Quick Super Jump, or a pure Swim Speed Up. Run Speed and Quick Super Jump help for escaping sticky situations, and for better positioning. Swim Speed Up on the other pair of shoes is mostly for the held charge shots

Splatterscope-
Head: Tenacity, still trying to make a set up with this headgear
Clothing: Same as the Splat Charger and Hero Charger
Shoes: Same as other set, but usually using Run Speed Up and Quick Super Jump since this charger doesn't utilize the held shots

I usually use this since I mostly stay in the backline, picking off people and helping my team score the objective. Respawn Punisher is a huge help here since it gets enemies to take longer to respawn, and it decreases their special by a lot once they do spawn back in. Which allows my team to make some more pushes without having to worry about the enemy having their special all too soon. This is usually how I play though, but Respawn Punisher is a crucial thing for my set.
Personally, I'd nix the run speed, ink resistance and tenacity. Run speed can feel nice to have, but there are tons of other better abilities to run on charger (swim speed, special charge, special power, special saver). Ink resistance really just isn't very helpful statistically and again you're losing potential by using ability slots on that as opposed to other things. The thing with tenacity is it really just isn't that powerful. I know it seems like a good ability conceptually because you'll be on backline and not dying as much, but in game it really doesn't do all that much unless you're playing wrong.

Here's my charger build

I'm still not entirely convinced of respawn punisher having previously used it, but I know a lot of top players use it. Most top tier chargers run lots of special charge, power, saver and respawn punisher, and a little swim. Personally I don't find the stingray spam strat to be very fun or fair so I stay away from a build that reflects that mindset, and would rather be a good sniper than a good special spammer. But that's just my own pet peeve, and ultimately free to use whatever you want.

Snowie

Inkling
This is my loadout: https://loadout.ink/#070170914a5dcb2d6b1e318c6 i use:ability_tenacity: to get my special faster when im alive since as a charger you shouldnt be dying too much then i use respawn punisher to get more time for my teammates to get the objective (only use if you are good at staying alive since it will make u take more time to respawn) then i use :ability_swimspeed: for the hold mechanic then :ability_quicksuperjump: to super jump to spawn to use stingray or to superjump to a safe place and some :ability_specialcharge: to get my special even faster

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
This is my loadout: https://loadout.ink/#070170914a5dcb2d6b1e318c6 i use:ability_tenacity: to get my special faster when im alive since as a charger you shouldnt be dying too much then i use respawn punisher to get more time for my teammates to get the objective (only use if you are good at staying alive since it will make u take more time to respawn) then i use :ability_swimspeed: for the hold mechanic then :ability_quicksuperjump: to super jump to spawn to use stingray or to superjump to a safe place and some :ability_specialcharge: to get my special even faster
Way too much QSJ imo. The MOST you should have is 1 main. I run 2 subs all the time, some run 3, some run a main (not many). Also, tenacity really isn't that effective. I'd replace it with special power up for broken longer stingrays. Special saver would be nice in place of some of the QSJ. Perhaps make the shoes :ability_specialsaver::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_quicksuperjump::ability_defenseup:(bomb defense). 1 Sub Bomb def is super helpful, and special saver is super helpful for keeping specials after dying and you need to get back in better/faster. 2 subs QSJ is plenty enough and a nice optimal amount to use.

NNID
FranciscoCharlie
Switch Friend Code
SW-6187-4465-3022
Here's my loadout: https://loadout.ink/en-us/#07037e294ac5da14640a21084 I use :ability_ninjasquid: to hide my self from enemies to find where i am even sneaking up on them. Next I use :ability_swimspeed: to get away from enemies to hit me :ability_runspeed: For me to hold while firing and move around my enemies to escape them. It's really both Easy and Hard to hide from enemies to not Find and get you.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom