Charger practice

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
Hey! As the title states, I want some charger practice but googling around I don’t really see much. The only thing I’ve been practicing is snapping my snipers and I’ve gotten pretty consistent with them going from the middle of my screen to the right and hitting the dummy almost every time. Should I just stick to turf war and ranked to increase my skills or should I battle some chargers? What’s your best advice?

I also posted my friend code in case you want to add me!

Thanks again

Attachments

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
The best I could say is get good abilities first and then practice to see if you are an offensive (ink saver main) or defensive (bomb defense and swim speed to escape)

Reactions: the

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
The best I could say is get good abilities first and then practice to see if you are an offensive (ink saver main) or defensive (bomb defense and swim speed to escape)
Offensive for sure I have an awesome set of ink saver main abilities and I’m able to fire my e-liter 5 times. The problem is hitting my opponents even when they’re standing still

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Well the more advice I can give is muscle memory

And to practice using different sensitivity

I am able to get 3 good shots at the reef in tc at the beginning and use the cloud to force enemies to die to the storm or my shot

And remember that in certain situations it is good to use your special to get your ink back fast

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
Muscle memory? How would I practice that? Your advice is really good though! I didn’t realize you can get your ink back after using a special. My sensitivity is -2 but I might try -3 to see how well I do. I’ve been getting better results with lower sensitivity so it makes sense especially if you use a scoped charger.

cm250

Inkling Commander
NNID
holleyfam2003
Switch Friend Code
SW-4590-2580-6429
Muscle memory basically meaning remember to flick the right stick with the motion controls if you use them to be better at snapping with low sensitivity

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
Muscle memory basically meaning remember to flick the right stick with the motion controls if you use them to be better at snapping with low sensitivity
Hm...I actually never tried using the right stick, I always flick my wrist to the target which is why it’s always semi consistent.

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Have you ever tried doing your flicks slowly and then steadily speed up over time?

This could help your muscle memory as well as recognize and time when the reticle has marked your target.

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
Have you ever tried doing your flicks slowly and then steadily speed up over time?

This could help your muscle memory as well as recognize and time when the reticle has marked your target.
No I haven’t. What I’ve been doing is just keeping my crosshair on the middle of the screen then flicking it to the right to sometimes shoot the dummy and honestly it seems like that’s the better way to do it. Sounds like I need more practice lolol thanks for your advice!

ENDO!

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-5425-1851-8219
I too could use some charger practice.

To be honest, the hardest thing for me to do as a sniper is stay back and know your weapons reach. I saw plenty of snipers hard-scoping and getting splatted during the fest, as well as a few others shooting too early and alerting the other team where they're aiming.

I prefer the Jet Squelcher. It forgives.

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
I too could use some charger practice.

To be honest, the hardest thing for me to do as a sniper is stay back and know your weapons reach. I saw plenty of snipers hard-scoping and getting splatted during the fest, as well as a few others shooting too early and alerting the other team where they're aiming.

I prefer the Jet Squelcher. It forgives.
Hahaha, the squelcher is awesome. I use it as a troll weapon but that thing is seriously powerful. My advice to you would be to find your own play style with the charger. I personally go in with it, even if it’s more a distant weapon. I find that it helps me practice snapping if my characters life depends on it and in the heat of the moment that when your skills really sharpen. Otherwise I suggest practicing snapping or holding a charge by going into the ink to travel a small bit then jumping while you’re in inkling form and switch to kid form with the charge still held and when you have a good shot, jump with your sim on them still and most times it’s an easy kill.

Ansible

Community Ambassador
If you're not comfortable with the jump shot, you can always perform the technique without jumping. It's just that jumping doesn't stop your momentum. Also, you can just tap the swim button to perform a short roll. Very useful when wanting to quickly get across grates or dodge most incoming attacks.

Best of all, all three methods will temporarily hide your laser! Makes it hard for others to guess or know where you're actually aiming—and by then it's often too late. >=)

The way I play with scoped chargers however relies on prediction and timing. Rather than chill in scope mode I predict my target's movements then by the time I'm scoped they're moving right into my shot. I'm grateful we have moving dummies because now you can actually practice doing that outside of a match!

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
If you're not comfortable with the jump shot, you can always perform the technique without jumping. It's just that jumping doesn't stop your momentum. Also, you can just tap the swim button to perform a short roll. Very useful when wanting to quickly get across grates or dodge most incoming attacks.

Best of all, all three methods will temporarily hide your laser! Makes it hard for others to guess or know where you're actually aiming—and by then it's often too late. >=)

The way I play with scoped chargers however relies on prediction and timing. Rather than chill in scope mode I predict my target's movements then by the time I'm scoped they're moving right into my shot. I'm grateful we have moving dummies because now you can actually practice doing that outside of a match!
How exactly would you practice that?

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
Which part?
Well the whole predicting where your target will be, thing. Since the dummies only move left and right wouldn’t it technically not really help too much?

Ansible

Community Ambassador
Which is what makes them so useful in practicing predictions and timing!

If they moved sporadically and randomized their speed it would just add unnecessary difficulty into your training that could hinder more than help. A consistent, steady pace will allow you to properly focus and perform whatever you're practicing. Same with the static targets.

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
Oh! I think I understand now. I’ve just been practicing on the static dummies so I didn’t really give much thought to try to practice on the moving ones! I suppose you’re right, since you can snap to where they would be and get a kill, but it’s much harder if they were to move sporadically.

Everyone here has given some goooood advice.

Drew Sebastino

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Espozo
Switch Friend Code
SW-3924-6316-9401
I just sent you a friend request. One thing you should be conscientious of too, is the amount of lag your display has. This will affect you with any weapon, but with the extra emphasis the charger puts on aiming (obviously), any input lag becomes detrimental. Playing in handheld mode will eliminate this completely. Regardless, learning to lead your target is a necessity. Just the motion of lifting your finger off of the trigger is slow enough to make you miss shots you seemingly should have made.

Last edited:

AceSpade

Inkster Jr.
NNID
AceSpade
Switch Friend Code
SW-2867-1190-1324
I just sent you a friend request. One thing you should be conscientious of too, is the amount of lag your display has. This will affect you with any weapon, but with the extra emphasis the charger puts on aiming (obviously), any input lag becomes detrimental. Playing in handheld mode will eliminate this completely. Regardless, learning to lead your target is a necessity. Just the motion of lifting your finger off of the trigger is slow enough to make you miss shots you seemingly should have made.
I’ve noticed this and so I’ve been changing some settings around on my tv to switch it to game mode so I don’t have and input lag, and I’ve been seeing wonders. When I join a match in turf war or whatever mode, I see so much more smoother gameplay. It’s incredibly nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom