• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Chargers & Walls

FunkyLobster

Inkling Commander
NNID
FunkyLobster
something to note about inking walls with chargers: if your crosshair doesn't "touch" a wall, it will not coat it with your ink trail. watch the video below for an example (timestamps don't work on squidboards, so skip to 52 minutes 37 seconds):

as you can see, the arc that the charger fires still lands on the ground, but even though the ink andre fired should've gone up the wall, it instead landed on the ground above and in front of it because he didn't aim at it. it's not an issue of distance, either, since ink lands in front of his inkling (you can see the puddle effect.) you just have to be aiming at the wall to have the arc of ink count as hitting it. on projared's preview of the game in march you can see that it still didn't go up the wall even though from the angle he was shooting at it should've (7 minutes 47 seconds)

think of the projectile like a straight line that falls directly down like rain onto the ground, at a straight 180 degree angle. it won't hit a wall unless it's fired at a wall for it to trickle down. so in short, if you want the arc of ink that chargers fires to climb up a wall for you to swim up, make sure you're at the correct distance and have the crosshair aiming at the wall. if the X shape surrounds your crosshair looking at it, you're golden.

jp4464

Jazzy Inkling
NNID
jp4464
I believe I stumbled upon this when I tried playing the Splat Charger on Saltspray Rig. I tried painting a wall to climb, but had trouble painting the wall since I was aiming above, rather than at the wall itself.

Great writeup!

RotomGuy

Inkling Cadet
NNID
RotomGuy
Intriguing. It does make sense, as in my mind, ink drops off from the charger bullet and falls to the ground, and that's what covers the ground.

WaifuRaccoonBL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hm...This is certainly interesting, and I myself have had difficulties shooting at walls.

Will then have to keep this in mind. : )

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I was wondering why vertical surfaces were inconsistent when I was trying to cover them with my Squiffer! This should make things a fair bit faster when trying to make my way up to high areas. Thanks for the info!

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
I noticed this annoying little factoid when doing the charger amiibo challenges. It's really just annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom