Choosing between Regular, Kelp, and Bento Splatterscopes

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Hey guys!
I am using both the Splatterscope and Kelp Splatterscope actively in ranked battles as well as turf battles. I see pros and cons to both of them, but I'm not sure which weapon I should use in which modes. Can someone help me pick?

Also, please consider the Bento Splatterscope coming out today (Splash Wall + Echolocator). Should I start using that? I am not very good with splash walls though.

Thanks!

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
I would go for the the vanilla one but that's actually totally biased. In theory the Kelp is better and that's why it's more popular. If I was you I would give the Kelp a try because it's actually a great set. I haven't used the Bento yet but the set seems good to me. Echolocator seems really good on Splatchargers because of your shot charge time. And instead of bombs you have walls for defense.

It's ultimately your choice. I chose the vanilla because I like the bombs for defense and special helps out in SZ. But the Kelp is better all around imo.

Lonely_Dolphin

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Einsam_Delphin
I like and use both, but I've always liked and felt the vanilla was better (and based on special depletion Nintendo agrees!) since Splat Bombs aid it in immediate combat whereas Sprinkler and Wail aren't the best options while the enemy is breathing down your neck. I'm generally a more active and mobile player, so the vanilla just really clicks with me, while the Kelp seems more suited for perch sniping which is perfectly fine too.

As for the Bento, what it lacks in offense compared to the other two kits it makes up for in defense, which actually aids it's offense aswell, since you can take more offensive positions without being at such high risk with Splash Walls to protect you and Echolocater to keep awareness of the enemy. I'm certainly excited to try it out, and really there's no reason not to just use all of them! You can switch it up based on map/mode or just whenever you feel like it.

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
Ok. Thank you both! And just to be clear, vanilla means the original/regular weapon (Splatterscope), right?

NNID
KaiAedyn
(If you already chose your favorite it's okay with me I just wanted to clear out my opinions on our choices and which one I think is good...)

Erm, out of all 3 available in the scopes, I think the Bento really is the best out of them. As a Kelp Main, I've always been grabbing and begging for an Echolocator special or atleast a point sensor sub, but with the Bento it's been true. Like @Hikaru54 said, it is freakin' good for defense.

As for the sub, splash wall, it is very defensive and can be used against shooters, considering that some want to get rid of splash wall whilst appealing themselves to the user, easily allowing you (if you have good aim) to easily splat them.

If you want to be team based or you just don't find an appropriate use for the sub, consider using it for your team. If you spot your teammate(s) right next to you in a firefight and think you can't help, you can always send out a splash wall (If they don't have one already!) to aid them.

Hikaru54

Pro Squid
NNID
Dillator
You know what's funny? I played with a Heavy Splatling Remix the other day, and that weapon has the Kelp set right? Well I used the Bento so I gave him a wall whilst he was using Killer Wails! It was pretty funny actually. It's like 2 weapons combined.

NNID
KaiAedyn
You know what's funny? I played with a Heavy Splatling Remix the other day, and that weapon has the Kelp set right? Well I used the Bento so I gave him a wall whilst he was using Killer Wails! It was pretty funny actually. It's like 2 weapons combined.
This is our proof that Bento can be used as a support weapon ;)

SuperLuigi231

Senior Squid
NNID
Angry_Bird_231
(If you already chose your favorite it's okay with me I just wanted to clear out my opinions on our choices and which one I think is good...)

Erm, out of all 3 available in the scopes, I think the Bento really is the best out of them. As a Kelp Main, I've always been grabbing and begging for an Echolocator special or atleast a point sensor sub, but with the Bento it's been true. Like @Hikaru54 said, it is freakin' good for defense.

As for the sub, splash wall, it is very defensive and can be used against shooters, considering that some want to get rid of splash wall whilst appealing themselves to the user, easily allowing you (if you have good aim) to easily splat them.

If you want to be team based or you just don't find an appropriate use for the sub, consider using it for your team. If you spot your teammate(s) right next to you in a firefight and think you can't help, you can always send out a splash wall (If they don't have one already!) to aid them.
Thank you so much! I had never considered that use of splash walls before. And I've decided to use Bento for Rainmaker and Tower Control, as those do not have a inking objective like Splat Zones and Turf War. I've decided to use the kelp splatterscope for those.

NNID
KaiAedyn
Thank you so much! I had never considered that use of splash walls before. And I've decided to use Bento for Rainmaker and Tower Control, as those do not have a inking objective like Splat Zones and Turf War. I've decided to use the kelp splatterscope for those.
That's awesome! I like how you essentially put the specific charger(s) for a rank game mode. Very creative, best wishes to you!

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
Aggressive? Use Bento , it has Splash Wall to get up close to long range weapons. Not so aggressive but a little bit aggressive and like turf control? Kelp. Which is good for all modes ( Wail , TW and RM. Sprinkler , defending the SZ)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom