Clam Blitz advice?

clefable

Inkling
Is there something I'm missing with this mode? I can't seem to rank up with it, and i played it when it went into rotation about an hour ago, and went from B to B-. When i first started playing it i thought it was alright, but i feel like it's just getting worse.
I think my biggest issue with it is how hard it is to keep your clams and break the other team's barrier. I don't like how super jumping or using baller (or does it affect other specials, not sure?) breaks all of your clams. And when you have a super clam everyone can see you and you get splatted before you can get near the basket. Not too sure why it goes into overtime either. I've heard that it's better in higher ranks but it's far too frustrating for me to rank up at all.
What are some good tips to make it easier? I've been using dapple dualies with ninja squid but I've never been good at knowing what gear to use.

NOICE

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-7409-1615-2211
I am permanently stuck in the S+0 - S+3 range for this mode, and I have found it to be equally exasperating at all ranks, so don't feel too bad :) You mentioned super jumping, well, this only breaks clams when jumping to spawn. When jumping to teammates or beacons, all clams/power clams remain intact. So this can be really useful if a teammate has managed to sneak over to the enemy goal. You can quickly jump to them and start throwing clams. Of course you have to be careful of how many enemy players are in the area at the time or you will die immediately. Other than that I don't have much good advice, but I would recommend checking out these videos from 2 really good players:

Uni's clam blitz strategy:
(It really works well; I don't use curling bomb-equipped weapons very often in other modes but I have the most consistent success when using Enperry Dualies in clam blitz)

Dude's tips:

Sifu

Look Behind You
Switch Friend Code
SW-3816-1808-3393
You can jump to teammates when you have clams, that's great when you have a teammate in position to score, but don't jump back to spawn, that's when they break. If you have a teammate in a defensive position, you can jump to them instead. Try not to over extend with a power clam, be aware of where your team is, so you don't lose your clam.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
In random queue? None. Just suffering. Clam Blitz is a mode which requires a lot of teamwork to succeed in. Make sure people got your back, or have other people's back. If that doesn't happen, you're doomed.

darktenpura

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1816-5244-1416
Get yourself a fellow and play as pair, or it is even better if you got 3 of them
Single player clam blitz is usually depressing due to the lack of communication and proper teamwork. There’s a couple of tips for you though.
1. Find yourself 9 clams and use signal to remind your teammates that you are going to approach the foes’ clam basket.
2. When your teammate have 9 clams toss them one if they are near enough to the foe’s clam basket.
3. Baller ult works well on this map, so does the bubble blower.
4. If you are carrying 10 clams and you think you are in a dangerous situation, toss the clams to a place away from your foes before you die.
5. Super jump also works well especially when you have splashdown, that would be an instant airstrike which would secure a specific area to create chances for your team.
6. Quit playing clam blitz.

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
For Solo Clam Blitz, you've just got to operate as a a one-person team. I generally do well when I play both defensive and offensive. Don't expect your teammates to take out an enemy power clam. When there's even just ONE enemy power clam, make them your target and go super defensive. Don't push until the entire enemy team is pushed back and there's zero power clams out there, and Don't go for a knock-out bonus. Play slowly and safely.

Maave

Inkling Commander
I've seen some interesting tactics recently.
-Ink Brush is insanely fast and can get a power clam into the basket before anybody can even defend. Buut your teammates still need to assist. An enemy ink brush was dunking us 3+ times per match but we could still win if his teammates weren't helping
-I saw someone place beacons near the basket. Presumably to jump back
-I've been using Firefin Splattercope to some effect. The splash wall is good for defending on some levels, and bomb rush is good in others.

_Koriko_

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3709-6740-5598
Personally, I believe defense and patience are very important in Clam Blitz. I've seen too many players in Clam Blitz rush the objective, even if enemies are waiting for them there. Knowing when to move in is crucial. If you don't have the power clam, attempt to paint around and pick off enemies around the stage so that your team can organize a push. And don't start throwing clams in if enemies show up. That can lead to a crew wipe, which will let the opposing team counterattack even harder.

Once you have the lead, stay in one area (it's recommended you stay near the basket) and pick off enemies who get too close to the basket or try to push. And just because someone has the power clam doesn't make them vulnerable. I've seen many make the mistake of throwing themselves at the player holding a power clam and then get instantly splatted by the player holding the power clam or a teammate tagging along (which some people do.) It's not like the rainmaker, where you are basically dead if anyone gets too close. And if you get splatted, that makes it easier for that power clam player you just tried to splat to push into your basket. Just wait for the power clam player too come to you.
You'll know where they're coming from and that can strengthen your defense.

Clam Blitz can be one of the most chaotic modes, so don't pick a fight unless you know you can win it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom