Competetive Wall Strats

Meega

Inkling
NNID
TheGeneralMeefa
I have no idea how "legit" this really is..but I've recently started messing around with using walls as a means of
  1. Surprising people
  2. Evading people
  3. Moving around the map without being bothered
Can other people play with this also to see just how useful it is? So far I'm finding it pretty useful, but mostly hilarious when a group of inklings trot past me covering the floor with ink, just to miss me stealthing on the wall. I feel like it can be used to get behind people easily and stuff, plus who in the world is gonna shoot a wall? They don't add to your points. Just wanted to get this idea out there, see maybe if other people can find good uses for most of the "pointless" walls (idk if other people have thought of this stuff before, but it all popped into my head earlier today)

IsmaR

was tentacles all along
Super Moderator
Depends on the map, honestly.

Things like the pipes on Saltspray Rig are incredibly helpful since most people neglect taking the higher ground. Also make for great getaways.

Meega

Inkling
NNID
TheGeneralMeefa
Depends on the map, honestly.

Things like the pipes on Saltspray Rig are incredibly helpful since most people neglect taking the higher ground. Also make for great getaways.
True, the pipes are great. One of the main places I used this wall swimming thing at is one of the many walls in Arowana Mall, because they don't lead to anything so no one ever inks them, but if you can get a line pathway of ink along some of them you can use it to flank super well. I'm always on the look out for more weird ways to get around

Life

Senior Squid
Well, for one thing, you'll need Stealth Swimming to make it work against observant opponents.

That said, hiding is generally really good in this game. My favorite is to paint over a chunk of enemy base, get into a corner and hide before they get there, and gank them while they're trying to clean up. (I do this mostly with .52 gal, which doesn't cover as well as Aerospray or Jr but makes up for it in kill power--and you don't need to ink the whole thing to gain their attention, just big sloppy chunks of it.)

Power

Inkling Commander
I agree that using the wall is a great way to cover yourself. However, I believe that players, especially competitive ones will learn to focus on spotting squid movements, making the wall trick less effective as you make splashes in order to stay on the wall.

Picking a wall that is decently covered and not worth looking into (for the opponent) while also in a somewhat regularly traveled area are the best options.
I have done this form of hiding on the floor also and it managed to save my team and get a couple of victories from easy kills near the end.

Edit: Forgot about the stealth swim ability. I guess that makes wall hiding a great option, just have to make sure nobody sees ya when going into a wall which is simple enough.

Meega

Inkling
NNID
TheGeneralMeefa
Does anyone know if you can climb those poles at Urchin Underpass?? Just thought about that. Or any poles like that

Meega

Inkling
NNID
TheGeneralMeefa
@Power yeah that totally counts, that's super awesome! I feel like this game has so much potential for new ideas and stuff..I think I might make a group down the road based off of very creative, borderline rule bending, or even flat out oddly fun strategies, tree hiding would definitely be one of those strats

Power

Inkling Commander
Sounds like a cool plan, I love poking into smaller details and developing worthwhile strategies that work and are fun to do at the same time. I would be down to join ya if you do make that group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom