• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Custom Splatoon Species!

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Ever thought of what other sea creatures would look like in Splatoon? Your ideas for custom species can go here!
Now to post my ideas.. ((For a "Jellyfishling" species..))

I don't want to make this extra long, so I'll just cover some things and one type of "jellyfishlings".

Jellyfishlings usually live in clans, they don't have advanced technology yet. Their rank in these clans depend on how deadly their sting is.
Sea Wasp Box Jellyfish are considered the "Alphas" of the clans due to their extremely deadly stings. Jellyfishlings with the least deadly stings are considered "Omegas" in the clan. Not all types of jellyfish have evolved into these humanoid creatures, so you can only expect to see a few species of them. Such as: Sea Wasp Box Jellyfish, Portugese Man o' War, Moon Jellyfish, Phyllorhiza Punctata and finally, Aequorea forskalea or "Crystal Jelly".

That's all I have right now, still a work in progress..
And now it's your turn! What species can you think of?

VeryButter

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
EatALLTehCereal
Welp, guess this is the perfect opportunity...or something. Say hello to the Octopussies! (yes, I didn't have a better name. sue me)

The Octopuss is a rare kind of Octoling that lurks around the surface of Octo Valley. It appears to be a hybrid between a cat and an octopus, and share similar traits. They can see better in the dark, they have heightened hearing, but can also turn into Octopuses (albeit with only 3 tentacles) and shoot ink, just like a normal Octoling!

Sadly, however, they are shamed in the Octarian community and thrown out to survive on their own. They usually live in small tribes, but, because of their rarity, there are only a total of three different tribes (Tribe of Whistling Winds, Tribe of Darkened Sun and Tribe of Yellow Moon).

This may or may not update as time passes. Oh, and the Tribe of Yellow Moon is indeed meant to be Cheese Tribe.

Last edited:

Zythefox

Senior Squid
NNID
Zythefox
Welp, guess this is the perfect opportunity...or something. Say hello to the Octopussies! (yes, I didn't have a better name. sue me)

The Octopuss is a rare kind of Octoling that lurks around the surface of Octo Valley. It appears to be a hybrid between a cat and an octopus, and share similar traits. They can see better in the dark, they have heightened hearing, but can also turn into Octopuses (albeit with only 3 tentacles) and shoot ink, just like a normal Octoling!

.SpoilerTarget" style="padding-top: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; font-family: arial, helvetica, clean, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 30px; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); border-width: 0px; border-top-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); border-radius: 4px; outline: none; cursor: pointer; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.0980392) 0px -2px 0px inset; -webkit-appearance: none; height: 30px; background-color: rgb(38, 38, 38);">Spoiler

Sadly, however, they are shamed in the Octarian community and thrown out to survive on their own. They usually live in small tribes, but, because of their rarity, there are only a total of three different tribes (Tribe of Whistling Winds, Tribe of Darkened Sun and Tribe of Yellow Moon).

This may or may not update as time passes. Oh, and the Tribe of Yellow Moon is indeed meant to be Cheese Tribe.
That drawing is so cute ^3^

Cherrithesquid

Inkling
NNID
Cherri
What about the different types of squid like a giant , vampire , and japanese flying squid i think those would look so coool

Pancakesandpens

Inkling
NNID
PancakesandPens
I just rlly want bobtail squids to be a thing in splatoon. Cause their hella rad and cute lil dudes.

Attachments

ZenTheSquidGirl

Inkling
A sharkling species would be very cool to see. It'll encompass every type of shark out there (including great whites).

What if you put sharkling blood into an inkling body? Well, you get my own hybrid species, the Shark-inkling!!! This is a result of a secret experiment/project by my OC Denis' evil half named Daniel (he made specially modified great white sharkling blood for this.) and his assistant Wendy (who questioned the morality of it & also an OC).

These inklings now have a shark form that is faster than their squid form (exactly 4 times faster than an average inkling squid!). These inklings also are now much stronger, faster and have heightened senses. They also have some razor-sharp teeth that can rip though flesh! Their shark form's color will depend on their current ink color. They are easily angered and may even attack if threatened, so be careful around them when they are mad!!! The upside of being in their shark form is their quick swim speed and the fact that they dive in deep in their own ink but the downside is the opponent may still can splat them in this form. They still retain their normal squid forms though, which is a good thing! When they use their kracken special however it either turns into their regular kracken form or a very large version of their shark form capable of splatting their foes by holding on to them and then drowning them in their team's ink (a bit overpowered I know but that is very rare occurrence though). They also have a humanoid version of their shark forms that they can go into if they want which has more razor-sharp teeth than their normal inkling form and has their shark form's dorsal fin on their backs which is sharply curved in shape.

The only known shark-inklings currently are the following OCs:
Corrin Lee
Vera Zater
Luna Solem
Ivan Kyre

There's a rumor that there could be more of them in inkopolis that they don't know yet...

P.S: Those shark-inklings OCs are of the colossal squid variant too.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom