• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Damage up question

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
So I'm not a charger and I also don't have a lot of pure gear, so

Chargers that have gear that are all main damage up and also all/most sub damage up -- does that make a big difference? Or is there a limit to how much damage up can possibly help you? Would you only have to bring the charge to half way or something or is it kind of wasted getting all sub/main damage up

squeaks98

Inkling
NNID
squeaks98
So, a short intro to "me." I used to main the E-Liter but then widened and now use basically whatever, but chargers are my specialty.
Anyway, as of the 2.2.0 update, damage up decreased in usefulness for chargers. But first, let me explain chargers:
Any charger that is uncharged will shoot short and low in damage (not including bamboozlers) however when fully charged will kill no matter what (unless of course they are in a bubble or are a kraken). This remains true for every charger, but damage up decreases the time to kill. Stacking 3 damage up on an E-Liter will provide with a kill at maybe 5/6 of a charge. Doesn't seem that great but could mean the difference of a kill and not.
So the question is: Should you use damage up?
Regardless of weapon, I almost always run 1 damage up. It counteracts defense up users nicely, and in the case of a charger shortens the time by a fraction and increases the damage of an uncharged shot, good for close situations.
Damage up also effects burst bombs, which is nice for Vanilla E-Liter users.

When in doubt, don't run damage up.

(This does not apply to bamboozlers. Use a different method with bamboozlers.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom