• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Day One Consoles/Handhelds

G

girigiriHERO

which consoles have you purchased day one and how did it go?

Dreamcast: I went to the mall during my lunch break and the store I had pre-ordered it at said I just missed the cut and would be the first in line for the next shipment, I cancelled my order and got my money back. I searched stores in the mall and found one store that had one left and put the money down on the console and left it at the store. My dad drove me to the mall after and it took the store 10 minutes to find it. The things I do for Soul Calibur (been a long time Soul Edge/Blade fan)

DS Lite: I actually had no issues with this, I walked in to Best Buy and bought one right off the shelf.

Nintendo Wii: This is my horror story. The job I was working for had incentives and I had accumulated over $500 in Future Shop gift cards. My Korean friend had come to visit me for 3 months and was living with me, and her birthday was on the release date. I had planned to line up around midnight, but as I left work at 7:00PM there was already a line. I went home and she had already made me dinner (♥) so I ate my meal and went back. I was in line for approx. 13 hours and by midnight the line was wrapped around the store. I was 33rd in line and they had 50 consoles in stock, so I walked out with a Wii, extra Wiimote and Nunchuk, 2 Classic Controllers, and Twilight Princess, paying around $50 of my own cash. I didn't play it that day, we went out for the entire day even though I was dead tired, but seeing as how the Wii shortages went after release I have no regrets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom