Deleted member

[deleted]

Last edited by a moderator:

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Ink in general needs to have some water every now and then, otherwise it'd dry up in the sun. Too much will dissolve it.
I personally think that Inklings can tolerate small amounts of water, but not being entirely engulfed by water. That's how i see things, anyways.

Also, video game characters don't poop unless specified. That's a well-known fact.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I don't think they shove themselves in toilets so I don't see how it's really a problem there, but the other points are a bit more concerning.
Also I agree with Elecmaw.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
Not sure if it's water, or just the fact that inklings can't swim is why there is so much of an joke about how water just outright kills them. I just assume water is fine for them, but it's the inability to swim is what makes it so dangerous in large quantities. For example, thanks to Splatfests and dialogue between Callie and Marie, they still drink things made with water. So it can't be too bad, right?

You have to wonder why so many maps take place next to watery areas, if it truly is some hyper lethal substance for inklings. That's what leads me to believe it's nothing they can't deal with.

Cuttlefish

...........Oops! I fell asleep!
NNID
tokkers
i don't think it's water itself, it's being submerged in it. if you put ink into water it sort of disperses everywhere, i guess that was the idea behind it?

as for why they battle on stages with so much water, they seem like a thrill-seeking species :p

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
My head canon is that the water that inklings get splatted in has some sort of chemical in it, otherwise it's fine. For instance, that can swim in Mahi-Mahi after its rotation is done.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
My own headcanon is that it's completely fine for them to swim in water in inkling form, but if they panic (and lose control over their form)…respawn time!
They can't swim in water at all in squid form or before obtaining the kid form. Much danger
To be on the safe side, most swim in blue ink (while they're blue themselves)

As for drinking water, it needs to be treated with chemicals to be drinkable to them.

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
Inklings also evaporate instantly if they fall below the bottom of the map, no matter how far they actually fell, and not when they hit the ground. So I think it's just that they can't swim and they instantly "die" when they're doomed. I don't think water is actually toxic to them otherwise.

However, they could certainly bathe or shower in ink. They don't even need plumbing for it.

What I wonder is how they clean all that ink off so quickly between matches. They don't even damage posters and things.

G1ng3rGar1

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Switch Friend Code
SW-7732-8500-1233
Inklings also evaporate instantly if they fall below the bottom of the map, no matter how far they actually fell, and not when they hit the ground. So I think it's just that they can't swim and they instantly "die" when they're doomed. I don't think water is actually toxic to them otherwise.

However, they could certainly bathe or shower in ink. They don't even need plumbing for it.

What I wonder is how they clean all that ink off so quickly between matches. They don't even damage posters and things.
I think it actually just evaporates afterwards or something

Oh yeah
You just reminded me

I figure that they just self destruct to save time in turf *shrug* most don't know how to swim (at least in my headcanon)

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
"The ink sprayed during a Turf War vanishes almost immediately after the battle ends. How environmentally friendly! (And incredibly convenient!)"
-Sunken Scroll #7

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom