Disruptor vs. Point Sensor?

jakeoti

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Wishsong214
This is just a few basic questions: which do you prefer or use more, Disruptor or Point Sensor? Which do you think is better? Why do you use one more than the other.

They're such similar items, since they both do no damage but grant vision, but each has their own perks. Disruptor cripples the opponent (lower speed, worse ink consumption and recovery), while Point Sensor benefits from a larger radius, better location (since it gives you the actual guide and makes them visible on the minimap), slightly less ink consumption, and a longer duration (although if your opponent is Cold-Blooded, the duration is shorter than the Disruptor's). While I use the Disruptor more, I can't help but feel that that's just because of the weapons it's on (Custom Splattershot Jr., Bamboozler Mk II). If there was a Bamboozler with Point Sensor, I might end up going for that.

For which is better, I feel that it's very situational, but at the most basic level, Point Sensor might be better at higher skill levels of play.

KPMGSquid

Inkster Jr.
NNID
TheMiiGunner
Honestly I would have to go with Point Sensor... im not saying disruptor isn't good, I actually love it. I think point sensor is better 'cause I think it lasts longer and it tells everyone on your team where that individual or individuals are. I've also been splatted by someone who was disrupted many times... point sensor too but I feel worse getting splatted by someone who was disrupted

LMG

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Since I'm more of a Defensive Support kind of guy, Disruptor fits my playstyle a lot better than Point Sensors. They're both good in their own place, so I don't think there's a "best" one, just "better suited for this or that situation". For example, if the enemy's trying to take you down a Point Sensor makes no sense since they won't be hinding for long, but a Disruptor can save you there. On the other hand, if you're pushing into enemy territory there's nothing better to scout than a Point Sensor since it tells all your team where the enemy is, not just the ones who just so happen to be able to see the Disruptor's... thingy.

So yea, they're both good in the right situations, but I'll stick to the Disruptor :disruptor:

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
I like the point sensor most because it aids in me knowing where the opponent is so I can sneak up on them from behind if they don't see me. That being said, putting ninja squid with it may actually be a good combo I should try out sometime...

Cuttleshock

Inkling Commander
What I like about the Point Sensor is that, if used in good measure, it can be as good as its Special equivalent, the Echolocator - it is very much possible to Point Sense all four opponents, particularly if they're grouped around an objective or chokepoint, and having a permanent 'extra Special' in that sense feels pretty powerful to me. It then falls upon your teammates to capitalise on what you've achieved, so it's less effective if you don't have a reliable group, but even so, I kinda prefer it. It's grown more useful since the major nerf and consequent decline of Cold-Blooded.

The Disruptor is great, I'm sure... but I only ever use it on the relatively short-ranged Tri-Slosher and, very occasionally, Blaster, which can't utilise their own effect if the opponent has much more range and some ink reserves. I particularly like to use it directly after someone throws an ink-intensive Sub to be certain of seriously limiting their options.

chrisblass1

Pro Squid
NNID
Chrisblass1
I like knowing where some squids are before i take action, so i say point sensor is better. When i use a weapon with disruptor most of the time they're out of reach and too dangerous to go after them or i can go for the kill and not waste ink.

⭐️Zapfish⭐️

Inkling Cadet
NNID
meggiemooshoo
Point sensor. It can really help you out in open areas covered with enemy ink, or in last-resort situations.

ReeSquidGig

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
Her / she
NNID
Ree
Switch Friend Code
SW-8348-2484-7793
I know which one is better... disruptor, you can tell if some one is hiding, AND... you can slow that person down, though, there aren't and GOOD weapons with Disruptors, I suggest the "bamboozeler " (I don't know how to spell it.) and blaster, rapid, and custom,

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
I know which one is better... disruptor, you can tell if some one is hiding, AND... you can slow that person down, though, there aren't and GOOD weapons with Disruptors, I suggest the "bamboozeler " (I don't know how to spell it.) and blaster, rapid, and custom,
Bamboozler MK II, Zink Mini Splatling and Tri-Slosher are great weapons with disruptor.

binx

Pro Squid
NNID
binx33
Yeah the Zink Mini is just awesome with disruptor. And that free disruptor just after a bubble makes it the best bubble in the game I would say (basically the guy can't escape or turn around you).

But that's not the point. From my point of view, some months ago, the ink wall was the best sub. Now that the game is more balanced, and that a lot of weapons are used, I would say the disruptor is one of the best - maybe the best sub. Sure, it's not a killing tool. I love splash, I love a lot of subs. But well, the fast is you really can restrict your opponents with this, especially with bomb range up. You can see some Hitzel gameplay for that.

The disruptor not only makes you recover ink slower, but makes everything more expensive. Throwing a wall, a splat or suction bomb AFTER being hit by a disruptor makes your tank empty. Especially after the wall, as you can't recover for a "long" time.

I love the detector too, uh. It's still a nice and cheap sub. But I feel more power in the disruptor. Especially in competitive games (though both subs are more powerful in these): you can call out the disrupted. For instance: ".96 on their snipe, disrupted". When the disrupted guy is on a strategic place (kinda often), you don't really need to have the echo-like-circle. A calllout like this is enough. Most of the time, a disrupted guy has few possibilities: jump away, special waste, exchange or hide - which can lead to another disruptor.

So basically... When located, you still can fight back or move. When disrupted... You're restricted, annoyed, enslaved. And you can fight any annoying thing with a disruptor. Sniper? Dynamo? Fast moving weapons? The disruptor will subdue them. FEEL like a king.

That being said, I would recommend point sensor for any player relying too much on his sub. It's cheap, it doesn't kill. It's perfect to master the main weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom