Do you really not get any more snails (outside Splatfest) once you hit level 50?

Otter Power

Full Squid
NNID
OtterGod
I suppose they can, but I can't imagine how hard this is on people who are busy on weekends (don't have time to play SFs). It sucks a lot they didn't make it like the previous game where you got a snail every X or so wins.

I hope it's something they'll change, and I hope we won't have to wait until post final splatfest for it to occur. Never know when I'm going to want to replace some gear wth Annie, only to find I'd be throwing the precious slots away on the old one.

Spaceswitchmars

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
_funmars
Switch Friend Code
SW-0556-1305-6031
I suppose they can, but I can't imagine how hard this is on people who are busy on weekends (don't have time to play SFs). It sucks a lot they didn't make it like the previous game where you got a snail every X or so wins.

I hope it's something they'll change, and I hope we won't have to wait until post final splatfest for it to occur. Never know when I'm going to want to replace some gear wth Annie, only to find I'd be throwing the precious slots away on the old one.
Wouldn't be a big deal if they let us pay to reroll/add slots like in S1. But to not include either seems careless.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
Can anyone who is level 50 confirm this?

calamaro

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Not a fan. Splatfests are such a slog and I rarely make it top tear on my chosen team because it just to boring after a while I think. Wish there was other ways 'cough' grizzco 'cough' to get them.

Elecmaw

Lord of the Squids
NNID
Switch Friend Code
SW-3466-8927-7969
I can confirm you get no more snails outside of Splatfest unfortunately. Very dumb decision on Nintendo's part since snails are now the only way to add slots onto gear,
Really? ...Wow, that is really dumb.

I think Nintendo will add a secondary method of adding snails once Splatfests for this game end like it did in S1. It makes no sense in turning it into a finite resource otherwise.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Really? ...Wow, that is really dumb.

I think Nintendo will add a secondary method of adding snails once Splatfests for this game end like it did in S1. It makes no sense in turning it into a finite resource otherwise.
Two bad that's two years from now.

Foxtrot

Full Squid
Shouldn't the snails from the Splatfests be enough though? If you get to the King/Queen rating you get 24 if you win, and 20 if your team loses correct? If we have a splatfest a month that really should be enough to at least get all the in game gear to Max slots wouldn't it?

Spla2n is my first game though, so maybe I dont understand the value too much. :confused:

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Shouldn't the snails from the Splatfests be enough though? If you get to the King/Queen rating you get 24 if you win, and 20 if your team loses correct? If we have a splatfest a month that really should be enough to at least get all the in game gear to Max slots wouldn't it?

Spla2n is my first game though, so maybe I dont understand the value too much. :confused:
It's very easy to waste snails. Rerolling lets you quickly get chunks which will tempt some, but you'll never get those snails back. Also, it's entirely possible to buy gear from Murch and Annie with different abilities, and that can replace gear you've bought slots on. Snails are more valuable than ever now that they're completely finite.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Also it's unfair as not everyone will be able to play every splatfest. For instance if you just bought the game now, r.i.p. 48 potential snails.
This is an excellent point. People who come in late are simply going to have less customization options than people who've obsessively played from day one. I can definitely see newbies 6 months from now throwing a fit about that, and rightly so. I don't care if they ratchet the price up to 100,000, just let us buy the damn slots with cash!

Silxer

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Dan1771
This is an excellent point. People who come in late are simply going to have less customization options than people who've obsessively played from day one. I can definitely see newbies 6 months from now throwing a fit about that, and rightly so. I don't care if they ratchet the price up to 100,000, just let us buy the damn slots with cash!
It's a little ironic, Nintendo added in all of theses nice new features in the forms of Gear Chunks, Gear Scrubbing, Food/Drink Tickets, the Splatnet Store and rewards from Salmon Run to better improve gear customization so players can have the perfect gear that they want while also looking fresh without relaying on pure RNG via re-rolling gear like in Splat 1 but for some reason they remove the ability to buy gear slots with coin... I don't understand why they made that change... it is a bit unfair to newer players who join in later like you mentioned.

Also, I really wouldn't mind if they do bring that feature back but the cost is a bit higher then the first game. It's just the fact that the playerbase now has that option to use coin for slots is what matters.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is pretty frustrating, I really hope Nintendo plans to fix this. A huge issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom