Do you think they will increase the Win Multiplier from x6 to x8 in the next update?

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2

In The Squid Vs. Octopus Splatfest in Japan the Squid has 66% of the popularity while the Octopus has 34% and despite winning 53% of the battles they still lost to the Squids with the score of 254-246. That's when after this Splatfest they changed the win multiplayer from x4 to x6 in the 2.2.0 update.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
What good would this accomplish? Why not just take out popularity at that point? I mean as it stands it's a far lesser factor than the victories. Currently the splatfests have been pretty close since the mechanics change and not absolute shut-outs, which is probably what Nintendo wants. I see no reason to up the ante even further.

yokokazuo

Inkling Cadet
NNID
NagoyaKazuo
Kind of minor, but the theme was based on Japanese snacks called Kinoko no Yama and Take no Ko no Sato which are made to look like mushrooms and bamboo shoots. There was a squid vs octopus sushi one a little while back though.

But I think it's fine as is since it was pretty close anyways and with a higher win percent, it would make popularity pretty much pointless.

CM2

Inkling Cadet
NNID
chenmaster2
Kind of minor, but the theme was based on Japanese snacks called Kinoko no Yama and Take no Ko no Sato which are made to look like mushrooms and bamboo shoots. There was a squid vs octopus sushi one a little while back though.

But I think it's fine as is since it was pretty close anyways and with a higher win percent, it would make popularity pretty much pointless.
Yeah I also hope they don't change it. The Win Multiplier of x6 is pretty powerful and there is no need to make it more powerful otherwise the more popular teams will be at a even bigger disadvantage in general.

Last edited:

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I don't foresee Nintendo bringing the multiplier any higher. Nintendo does actually listen to what the Splatoon community think. I'm fairly certain they saw and remember the large amount of whining that the community did when the x6 multiplier was introduced. I don't think Nintendo wants to relive that so I think we're safe from a higher multiplier. :P

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
Wouldn't that just make the whole "unpopular team wins" thing worse. Plus as we've seen the popular team has been winning a lot more since the splatfest power was introduced, well for japan, europe and worldwide splatfests that it. US alone hasn't gotten a popularity win in a while.

G

girigiriHERO

2x for wins is more acceptable, maybe 3x, but anything more makes popularity essentially useless

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom