DON'T INK YOU FEET! (splattershot shenanigans)

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
Seriously, don't. The ink physics make sure that there will always be a few droplets that will fall right at your feet to squid through. So aim forward or high to get the most out of you splattershot.(Unless you are on higher ground of course)

Astral

Astral Finish!
NNID
AstralFinish
Well this goes for other weapons too, aiming higher will spread more ink with most of the weapons

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
Yeah but I see so many young squidkiddies do it on youtube and the testfire that I thought it would be prudent to make a quick post about it.

° Moteki

¤MÆL°
NNID
Shoctopus
haha i know ! this irked me a lot seeing that, My take, though, is that it may feel more comfortable with their down-sight like that.
For example, when i played basket as a yougin i'd always be told to look UP, but to me i had all the vision i needed while looking below the waist. can't be helped :)

D

Deleted Member

Yeah. Why would you shoot below yourself if you're trying to go forward?

Youngster Skaymore

Full Squid
NNID
EganGR
does this mean dont shoot down at a 45 degree angle or down shoot straight down? Bcuz i feel like shooting down at 45 degrees as yoy go spreads ink the most efficiently and covers up every spot instead of leaving openings

Bottlecapn

Inkling Commander
NNID
Bottlecapn
does this mean dont shoot down at a 45 degree angle or down shoot straight down? Bcuz i feel like shooting down at 45 degrees as yoy go spreads ink the most efficiently and covers up every spot instead of leaving openings
Yes. Don't do that. Ever.

I assure you, aiming parallel to the ground covers WAY more ground than aiming downwards. The little spots don't matter much. That's the problem with most everyone in the Testfire, they tried to fill in every little gap instead of getting a brief layering of ink and then going back to cover enemy ink. The Roller is for filling gaps.

WispBae

Pro Squid
NNID
The-Wispy
Yes. Don't do that. Ever.

I assure you, aiming parallel to the ground covers WAY more ground than aiming downwards. The little spots don't matter much. That's the problem with most everyone in the Testfire, they tried to fill in every little gap instead of getting a brief layering of ink and then going back to cover enemy ink. The Roller is for filling gaps.
I consistently scored top 2 on every game, even if I lost. Aim straight ahead always, don't worry about tiny blotches on the ground. I only every shot the ground if I was ambushed by someone and needed a fast escape after they surrounded me in ink.

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
Point is I aways won with 1200p+ (I hate saying that it sounds so braggy. It' s the truth though)

SquidBuster

Inkster Jr.
NNID
DubaloSeven
As someone who mains the roller, I'd run into some instances where the ink just wouldn't under me when I landed despite have the roller ready, so I'd be forced to go forward to not take damage. Didn't happen too often but it left me wide open and got me killed once during the testfire.

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
Seriously, don't. The ink physics make sure that there will always be a few droplets that will fall right at your feet to squid through. So aim forward or high to get the most out of you splattershot.(Unless you are on higher ground of course)
Also, in a TPS not really ever good to look at your feet.

WiseSquid

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Lornomeister
True true. But in a game where the goal is to ink as much stuff as possible first instinct usually is to ink the ground.

Fightersword

Good TOs are Capitalists
Super Moderator
NNID
Fightersword
yeah, if you really have to run away and are surrounded by enemy ink, you're better just shooting in another direction rather than down before swimming as fast as possible, if you have to do that. emphasis on have to, it's way better to try and see the problem coming earlier and retreat beforehand, and if you're in that situation you're probably going to die anyway.

DatGuyAegis

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
Tmoney670
True true. But in a game where the goal is to ink as much stuff as possible first instinct usually is to ink the ground.
Well you can ink the ground without looking at your feet. You should be looking forward, looking at your feet shows a lack of awareness.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Yeah, I think everyone knows this. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom