Dualie Dicussion

WolfsDance

Inkling
NNID
Link0314
Switch Friend Code
SW-5250-0344-2542
I want to know how many of us dualie users their are and what do you look for when you decide on a pair to use.

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
I mostly use the Splat Dualies, but every now and then I’ll switch to the Enperries due to the opponents playstyles.

Windstar

Pro Squid
I usually pick a weapon based off it’s stats, but if the sub weapon isn’t any good, I usually won’t bother with it. Dualies are no exception.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Vanilla Spat Dualies are my main go to weapon for most modes beside Clam Blitz and Tower Control.
They are very much middle tier range which is comfortable for me since N-Zap was my primary in the latter portion of my Splatoon 1 days. Pretty similar firing rate as wel.
Their accuracy is actually pretty decent, each shot doesn't deviate too much from either reticle.
The new dodge roll mechanic that comes with dualies is really what made me fall in love with them. I can dodge back out of situations, dodge roll out of super jumps, dodge roll a roller's vertical flick, dodge roll Sting Rays, etc. This is why Splat Dualies have become my typical go to and not N-Zap again.
Burst Bombs are just pretty rounded in the usefulness. Good at taking out stragglers, catch people off guard for quick kills, testing the waters.
Tenta Missiles, are nothing too special. They're a special I can use, fire, and move on without any major investment. That and using them like a short term Echolocator.

Pretty much, how well rounded are they and do I perform well with it. Normal Splat Dualies are just that for me.

Last edited:

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
I just recently picked up the dualie squelchers after considering myself a splattershot pro main and trislosher part- time user.

Love the pro, and so I loved the idea of the jet squelcher but I just can’t be consistent with its necessary playstyle.

So for some reason the dualie squelchers resonate with me because in my hands they almost feel like a mix between the pro and jet squelcher. Ya got the point sensor which I love, the range of the main which I love, the roll which saves me more often than it aids me in kills, and the inking capabilities are great. Yeah the damage might be less than the other dualies, but my time with the pro aided in my accuracy and tracking so I don’t have much of a problem.

Overall- new favorite weapon.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Why is it that Toxic Mist does nothing when someone uses the dodge roll despite being in it..?

Goont

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PrankingMaster
Why is it that Toxic Mist does nothing when someone uses the dodge roll despite being in it..?
Toxic Mist can be rather..iffy. It isn't always accurate. With enemies now being on the map in tonight's patch, I'm quickly throw a sensor directly at the enemy, (Head on if you can. Get real close in their face!) swim away, and then check your map for a
thier location.

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
Toxic Mist can be rather..iffy. It isn't always accurate. With enemies now being on the map in tonight's patch, I'm quickly throw a sensor directly at the enemy, (Head on if you can. Get real close in their face!) swim away, and then check your map for a
thier location.
Sounds like a cheap thing to not even have dodges slowed down when in Toxic Mist.

Jayy

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-2045-0142-7156
Idk how it works, but if someone dodge rolls inside of toxic mist I feel as though it should sap the person rolling of more ink than the roll would normally require, or cut the speed/distance of the roll. Otherwise they’re not being penalized while being completely inside of the mist and that seems wrong.

Reactions: the

the

Inkling Commander
Idk how it works, but if someone dodge rolls inside of toxic mist I feel as though it should sap the person rolling of more ink than the roll would normally require, or cut the speed/distance of the roll. Otherwise they’re not being penalized while being completely inside of the mist and that seems wrong.
I’m not sure how it works atm but it would be nice and pretty fair if the dodge roll took up more ink while in the mist. They can escape your trap, but they’ll have less ink to fight back with if you persue them, meaning the toxic mist’s effect wasn’t a complete waste of ink on your end.

Gameboy224

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Gameboy224
Guess this is probably as good a place as any to start talking about the Dark Tetra Dualies.

By themselves, they're decent. Stat wise, they're nearly identical to Splat Dualies but with accuracy similar to the Dapple Dualies. In exchange for the loss in accuracy, the dodge rolls are now more akin to slides and you can do 4 of them. Bonus, you can actually fire while sliding.
While dodge rolling, it seems to have accuracy fairly similar or the same as the vanilla Splat Dualies so learning how to aim while mid dodge roll is probably gonna be key to using this weapon, but ink management is gonna be even more important.
Sub and Auto-Bomb and Special is Splashdown, a spectacular set.

Personally, I think I'm gonna stick with the normal Splat Dualies. Auto-Bomb certainly is a good special, and certainly an annoying one when your opposing team is packing 4 of them. Splashdown being a good panic button as always. But the horrendous normal shot inaccuracy and complete reliance on dodge rolling for good accuracy is not completely up my alley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom