Dualies Tech

Silver Squid

Inkling
While messing around with splat dualies in turf war, I accidentally pressed the camera reset button while rolling, which resulted in me getting splayed after being disoriented. However, when I discovered what had happened, I decided to test if it could be worked into a reliable tech (Which I've been calling Dodge roll camera reset) . This is what I found:

- Before and after a dodge roll, your inkling will face the way you have your camera pointing
- While rolling, they will face the direction imputed
- This means that if you reset the camera with the Y button while dodge rolling to the sides or backwards, you can quickly change the camera 90° or 180° respectively
- However, it also allows you to re-position in one fluid movement
- Due to this, you are able to close the gap with someone trying to sneak up behind you, and retaliate almost instantly
- Keep in mind though, that if the opponent is already too close, such as one using an aerospray, that it may not be the best choice
-... unless you are able to go past them with two dodge rolls and then attack from behind

I just wanted to get the word out about this tech since the game is new and many may not have discovered it. Feel free to post if you think this is viable or not, or experiences with using it.
P.S. I do not use gyro controls, so maybe it won't be that useful to those playing with said motion controls.
P.P.S. Just thought of how dapple dualies could utilize this differently. Due to having a shorter roll, they can take more advantage of quick changing the camera, without getting too close to opponents, but have a disadvantage of not being able to cover as much ground, and needing to press Y more quickly than with splat dualies. I don't have a high enough level to test this yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom