Dynamo Roller vs. Krak-on Roller

D

Deleted Member

Which do you think is better for Turf Wars and which do you think is better for Splat Zones?

Inkoishi

The Closed Eyes of Love
NNID
DokiDokiKoishi
Krak-on is a more offensive weapon while the Dynamo is a defensive weapon. It really depends on the situation.. however, I'd say the Krak-On tends to be more useful.

CoconutTank

Senior Squid
I haven't played with the Dynamo Roller(s) yet. Fighting against them is quite a pain but they're not unbeatable.

Krak-On Roller is fun but the lack of options beyond mid range really bothers me. With the standard Splat Roller, I can fight back against ranged attackers with Suction Bombs and snipe or pressure with Killer Wail. Krak-On Roller's maximum range of impact is literally the roller flick, which is definitely strong but mid-range at best. Against a severely entrenched enemy or team my only option is to build up Kraken to try and bust them open.

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
They're both terrible all the rollers are totally unbalanced, the inkbrush is pretty bad as well but slightly easier to counter

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
Krak-on is a more offensive weapon while the Dynamo is a defensive weapon. It really depends on the situation.. however, I'd say the Krak-On tends to be more useful.
As someone who played both extensively, I can play a dynamo roller way more offensively than a Krak-On because I don't depend on getting up close as much and I can really effectively take out all the enemies I dedicate my time for while aggressively pushing the front. I usually average around 10 splats per turf wars round with the Dynamo.

ThEvilHasLanded

Inkster Jr.
NNID
ThEvilHasLanded
The roller balance is horrible and needs a fix you shouldnt be able to dominate in the way the rollers can

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
The roller balance is horrible and needs a fix you shouldnt be able to dominate in the way the rollers can
are you mad you got dominated by a roller?

the fix is easy. just main either of the gals, squelchers, blasters or chargers. poof, roller countered

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
Long ranged shooter ; L-3 Nozzlenose and charger in general say bye bye to a roller.

Outside of that ; well it really hard to say ; I've seem both variant of the roller being effective in ranked (although dynamo are much more easy to snipe then splat roller :p). And both cover the ground nicely too in turf wars.

...Probably just gonna choose the krak-on for both just because of the squid beacon (and kraken too).

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
The krak-on is my go to weapon, for turf war that is. Granted, it's sub is poorly matched with the actual weapon, it can prove invaluable at places like walleye warehouse. In addition, the Kracken ability is super powerful with special power extenders on your clothing. The dynamo rollers however, (insert horrified face), they are just too slow, the point of the roller is to cover a ton of ground and flush enemies out of their hiding spot, and while, yes, the dynamo roller does have a wider path of coverage, but it moves at an almost unusable pace, leaving you wide open for gun fire, in my opinion of course. Now, I believe that neither is good for splat zones, since it's not really necessary to cover a ton of ground, I think it's best to use a slightly more ranged weapon, like an aerospray gun, charger, blaster, etc...

Grafkarpador

Inkling Cadet
NNID
grafkarpador
. The dynamo rollers however, (insert horrified face), they are just too slow, the point of the roller is to cover a ton of ground and flush enemies out of their hiding spot, and while, yes, the dynamo roller does have a wider path of coverage, but it moves at an almost unusable pace, leaving you wide open for gun fire, in my opinion of course.
The secret as a dynamo is to just never roll and always use the absurdly ranged shotgun attack. Problem solved! And yes, the dynamo is really good in splat zones, and something tells me you haven't been in A lobbies yet where a **** ton of them wait for you and just wait to ruin your day. By now it's one of the more common weapons.

Boolerex

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Boolerex
The secret as a dynamo is to just never roll and always use the absurdly ranged shotgun attack.
To be fair that apply to roller in general in high ranked play ; minus the high range with the no dynamo variant

YourAssassin

Inkling
NNID
Azzazzin
The secret as a dynamo is to just never roll and always use the absurdly ranged shotgun attack. Problem solved! And yes, the dynamo is really good in splat zones, and something tells me you haven't been in A lobbies yet where a **** ton of them wait for you and just wait to ruin your day. By now it's one of the more common weapons.
Ehhhhhhhh, you're right, in a way, and I have been stuck in a lobby where three of the other side's players used dynamo rollers, the most splats any of them got was, like, 6. Although, I do agree with you in that it does have the outrageous shotgun-like attack, and in the right hands, can be very devastating, but these are not the rights hands *looks down at hands and weeps*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom