Favourite and least favourite single player bosses?

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
My favourite is the Octo Oven and my least favourite is the Octo Shower.

The Octo Oven, even though it was easy, was really fun and unique. The Octo Shower was just boring, and didn't even look like a Shower.

What are your thoughts?

Vitezen

Inkling Cadet
My favorite was the final boss. So exciting, nice music.
Least favorite was the shower. Those things you can fling are imprecise, and when the boss is in that area, I'm generally just wasting my time. He can even be in a slightly off position that makes hitting him on the rails or while bouncing difficult as well. There's also a lot of traveling back and forth as the boss moves around.

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
Favorite = Final Boss
Least Favorite = Shower
I'll give you permission to argue with my least favorite choice once you try beating it with a HERO BRUSH *sobs*.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
@Agent Z I did pretty well with the brush, actually, since that's the weapon where I learned how to aim those frig digger twig bundles
I actually like the octo shower a lot once I learned how to attack him from each of his 5 general positions.
Plus, he was the only boss I actually felt challenged by. His attacks by themselves are not very hard to dodge, but he makes you re ink a fair bit in order to keep on him.

PLUS plus, dat rubber ducky <3
The hero roller is my current best time on Octo Shower :confused:

Anyways, I'm not really sure I can pick a least favorite, there was something I enjoyed about each fight and also something they lacked (for me)

Octo-oven: He may as well not even attack, extremely easy to dodge(but then again, he IS the first boss in a game geared towards young kids, so that's not a wholly solid complaint) But I the bread puns + the absurdity of the whole premise:
fighting a giant toaster oven???

Octo Samurai: A little less easier that octo oven, but still very easy. But was my favorite boss (yeah he might actually be tied with octo shower) soley because of how AWESOME he is. Rollers unite, brotha!

Good ol' Octo-Stomp: still easy in the grand scheme of all boss fights, but he has a special place in my squid's heart.
They even made him a harder boss than before, to boot!
You wish you had legs like his ;0

Final Boss: I kinda wanted a more octarian style song to start out the fight ("I am Octavio" still is, and probably always will be, my most favorite splatoon song), but the bomb rush blush remix was still tight!
It's like going to a chinese buffet, expecting to stuff your face with delectable orange chicken, but getting served a delicious triple pepperoni pizza instead.
Overall, fighting octavio felt a lot easier this time, which was a moderate let-down, but this is most likely just me being a lot better at the game now + the more forgiving armor system in single player this time 'round. Letting us use the rainmaker for the last stretch was a nice touch though.
I give DJ octavio 2.0, a 7/10. Still
supah-cool, but not as good as last time. Maybe bring in a new antagonist for splat3(you've got tons of time to think on it, if you are reading splat developera, dun worry too much on it ;) )

MindWanderer

Inkling Commander
NNID
MindWanderer
Switch Friend Code
SW-5961-6763-3987
I actually didn't care for any of them much.

Octo Oven was probably the best. Solid design, lots of detail. Easy, but it was the first boss after all. It could have done more, though: the second phase wasn't really different from the first, and the third phase has attacks that literally do nothing (like when it "swings" the bread at you, it always attacks in the wrong direction).

Octo Samurai: Nice design, but hindered by the fact that you can just go up to it and shoot it. Absolutely trivial in difficulty and you can skip most of its attacks if you're aggressive enough.

Octostomp 2: First phase is again trivial, far too easy this late in the game. I did like the second phase. Third phase is just ridiculous, too simple of a pattern, and not well balanced for different weapons.

Octo Shower: If the use and placement of the Rolonium isn't a hint that this was badly designed, I don't know what is. Very frustrating chasing it around and trying to figure out how to hurt it. My best time was actually with the Brush because it hung around the center almost the whole time.

Final boss: Coming from Splatoon 1, this was a disappointment. Each phase is unnecessarily long for the lack of variety in attacks, and there's so much RNG involved in when he makes the one attack you can counter him with. If the game had had more plot going up this point, the script would have been a plus, but it didn't, so it fell flat and was just silly. Plus the final phase, which is the same (minus RNG) each time you replay it. And it's far too easy--I only ever died because I was blinded and distracted by the laser show.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
My favorites were either the octo samurai (it was a... very interesting boss concept) or the final boss. I didn't mind the octo shower the 1st time around, but when I went thru my hero shot playthrough, I struggled... a lot. My issue was distance, really - the hero shot's range was too low to hit the octarians carrying the shower for most of the battle

Agent Z

Inkling Commander
My favorites were either the octo samurai (it was a... very interesting boss concept) or the final boss. I didn't mind the octo shower the 1st time around, but when I went thru my hero shot playthrough, I struggled... a lot. My issue was distance, really - the hero shot's range was too low to hit the octarians carrying the shower for most of the battle
I love how the Octo Samurai wore a leather vest and rode a motor-unicycle. Wrong time period buddy.

aeron!

Inkster Jr.
Switch Friend Code
SW-5897-6499-1183
I love how the Octo Samurai wore a leather vest and rode a motor-unicycle. Wrong time period buddy.
Right? There was also something about his voice as he attacked that made me lose it. It's great

Debbie

Senior Squid
NNID
MissRora
The shower was more tedious than it had to be, in my opinion.

Personally, I got excited when Octostomp came back, especially with his "sweet new coat". That kind of silliness is a big part of why I like these games so much.

Olly0014

Full Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-3755-4752-6987
I felt the final boss was disappointing and very easy (except for the Rainmaker section) It didn't feel like a final boss. Some of Octavio's attacks, like the Calamari bombs and the bomb rush, were pointless as they were easily avoided, and the Calamari Bombs just made ink pillars which were completely pointless and easy to avoid.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
The Octo Samurai was probably my favorite, and the Octo Shower was definitely my least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom