FINAL Splatfest (Thoughts/Discussion)

Last Splatfest: Discussion/Thoughts

===========================================

Can't believe that THIS is the last Splatfest...a battle between who's the more popular idol, Callie vs Marie.

I mean, I just got into Splatoon awhile ago and I've only been a part of 2 Splatfests (Fancy/Costume and Spongebob/Patrick). So this is a bit sad for me, but hey if they make a sequel then it'll be worth it. Or we might get a patch for the game, because if they shut down the servors in a year (or two) then I will NOT be happy. I want Splatoon to keep their online gameplay for the WiiU, mostly because I haven't played it that much due to....reasons. <_<
(basically 2 months ago my 'friend' stole ALL my WiiU games and sold them for drug money, so my mom just re-bought it for me from the E-Shop after I pestered her about it when I found out the news....yeah, I was gonna wait a bit I'm glad I finally got the game back in some way)

So, to get over my crippling depression and anxiety that I'm getting from all this...let's talk about it! Gimme all the news, theories, rants, and squid-nonsense about this event that you can give! Basically, if it concerns the Splatfest (this one or previous one) then it's fair game to discuss!

Personally, I'm picking Marie. :scared:
I like both, but I LUV the salty critical character types. ^^ Plus, I've always chosen her in previous Splatfests (Costume Party, Patrick), and she's kind of grown on me a bit.
Sorry Callie fans! I do love Callie's design, but I'd rather root for a character that I genuinely enjoy as a character.

So...I hear this Splatfest is going on for 2 days!
I also hear it's on Friday-Saturday....what's going on, did I miss it already? Or is it on this week's Friday-Saturday? I'm seriously confused. Can someone explain please??

But, what'll happen after it ends? Will people just get rid of the game, leaving only those who genuinely enjoy playing beyond Splatfests? Will it be like COD, where the Servers stay up forever even when they make sequels?
Honestly, I don't know. *shrugs*

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
There's already another thread about this but it's kinda turned into just another "talk about what maps are going to be on it" thread. That being said, and I mentioned it in the other thread, I sincerely hope that they surprise us on announcement and make it Marie vs. Callie instead of Callie vs. Marie. Though, I have my doubts this will happen, obviously because the american dialogue is damn atrocious. In no other version that I saw do they argue like that! I hate it!

In the american version, it's going to come off as them doing it out of spite for eachother and in other versions it may be just for fun, which leaves more room for the "Marie vs. Callie" idea. Because of the american ver. it seems very unlikely they'd do it now because they apparently 'hate eachother', when what I saw of other versions implied it was just poking fun and joking around like relatives usually do with eachother. :\

Meta Knightmare

Full Squid
NNID
spacephage
There's already another thread about this but it's kinda turned into just another "talk about what maps are going to be on it" thread. That being said, and I mentioned it in the other thread, I sincerely hope that they surprise us on announcement and make it Marie vs. Callie instead of Callie vs. Marie. Though, I have my doubts this will happen, obviously because the american dialogue is damn atrocious. In no other version that I saw do they argue like that! I hate it!

In the american version, it's going to come off as them doing it out of spite for eachother and in other versions it may be just for fun, which leaves more room for the "Marie vs. Callie" idea. Because of the american ver. it seems very unlikely they'd do it now because they apparently 'hate eachother', when what I saw of other versions implied it was just poking fun and joking around like relatives usually do with eachother. :\
gotta agree with Galacta here
i cant believe this is the last thing, and its just gonna have fans (and the sisters/cousins themselves) at eachothers throats. That and the fans wanna exagerrate it/blow it up.
Im kinda sad ive only been able to experience 3 splatfests so far and this will be the last.

EDIT: oh right, im going with Maries team (wether it be callie vs marie or the other way around if you get my drift) i like her a lot as a character, even if the american translation puts her out as a bit harsher than usual

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
There's already another thread about this but it's kinda turned into just another "talk about what maps are going to be on it" thread
Tread lightly mate......that's my thread you're talking about.

Inumi

Inkling
NNID
InumiDarkness
Well... It's also the first and only Splatfest that will have contents on Miitomo, the Nintendo "social media" on mobile devices. I also think that it sux that it will be the last Satfest and cause I wasn't sure if I will have the game in time for it (I bought my Wii U at the start of the month as a self gift for my birthday with Sm4sh too cause I'm into competitive Sm4sh and I knew that I will not have enought money for splatoon after these two things. But hopefully I dinner with my grandmother like... A week or two agos and her gift for my birthday was $100 so I had bought two $50 eShop cards to bought the game for sure).
I'm #TeamCallie

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom