Finding Scrims

Switch Friend Code
SW-4639-2862-8490
I’ve just made a new team, and am having a lot of trouble finding scrims, aside from teams I’m already friends with. I use scrimboard, post in servers, all hours in advance, almost never get a response. Any advice?

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
I’ve just made a new team, and am having a lot of trouble finding scrims, aside from teams I’m already friends with. I use scrimboard, post in servers, all hours in advance, almost never get a response. Any advice?
Most of the big splatoon servers have scrim channels, to post times dates and div level you're looking for, then a bot that compiles it and posts it into various discord channels who have the bot.

You just gotta be patient usually.

Switch Friend Code
SW-4639-2862-8490
Most of the big splatoon servers have scrim channels, to post times dates and div level you're looking for, then a bot that compiles it and posts it into various discord channels who have the bot.

You just gotta be patient usually.
Should I be posting even farther in advance? Usually I’m posting anywhere from a few hours to a day before

Alphine_Agnitio

Trans Bird Trans Bird 🏳‍⚧️
Switch Friend Code
SW-5178-8280-0912
Should I be posting even farther in advance? Usually I’m posting anywhere from a few hours to a day before
I generally go 2-3 days advance, but even on short notice I've usually been able to find scrims if I post enough

what div are you looking for?

Akainacephalus

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
they/them
NNID
BadgerPuff
Switch Friend Code
SW-7029-8035-3132
i recommend looking in the LUTI servers! it's also good to play in tournaments to find scrim partners. if you have a really close set, that usually means they'd make a good scrim partner!

Shayreep

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-1285-8726-3991
Are you in the FTIU server? I use it a lot for locating low level scrims

guster-animations

Pro Squid
Pronouns
they/them
another great way to find scrim partners is to play tournaments and ask the teams you had close sets with if they want to be scrim partners!

Switch Friend Code
SW-4639-2862-8490
And I’ve been looking for scrim partners but we just haven’t played enough tournaments to have that many. We’d like scrims for practice but have trouble finding them. Thats kinda why I’m in this dilemma rn

Mr.Mudkip

Inkling
Scrims kind of have this issue right now where a chunk of teams don't really look for scrims and instead rely on SendouQ to get something of a similar experience. Whether that's true or not is up to you but SendouQ is what a lot of people (including me) go to get into some similar experience with a pickup. I haven't had a team in almost a year now and I've become nearly 100% reliant on SendouQ to find matches, but scrims in a div 5-6 range as you said can take quite a while to find occasionally.

You're probably aware of Low Ink, but if you can work out the team to make a commitment to participating in at least one then there's probably a ton of people around your level looking for partners. SOS (Wednesday nights) or Paddling Pool (Wednesday morning) depending on your team's timezone are also great options that are generally pretty friendly to newer teams.

Switch Friend Code
SW-4639-2862-8490
Oh yeah this isn’t my first delve
Scrims kind of have this issue right now where a chunk of teams don't really look for scrims and instead rely on SendouQ to get something of a similar experience. Whether that's true or not is up to you but SendouQ is what a lot of people (including me) go to get into some similar experience with a pickup. I haven't had a team in almost a year now and I've become nearly 100% reliant on SendouQ to find matches, but scrims in a div 5-6 range as you said can take quite a while to find occasionally.

You're probably aware of Low Ink, but if you can work out the team to make a commitment to participating in at least one then there's probably a ton of people around your level looking for partners. SOS (Wednesday nights) or Paddling Pool (Wednesday morning) depending on your team's timezone are also great options that are generally pretty friendly to newer teams.
oh yeah this isn’t my first delve into competitive. Been at it almost a year now, and this team has already participated in a few tournaments, including low ink. The issue I’m finding currently is that we need a lot of work on teamplay since we’ve just formed, and so we’re skipping out on tournaments in order to get more practice on specific aspects of our teamplay. Therefore, it’s been hard to find scrims and scrim partners

Switch Friend Code
SW-4639-2862-8490
Oh yeah this isn’t my first delve

oh yeah this isn’t my first delve into competitive. Been at it almost a year now, and this team has already participated in a few tournaments, including low ink. The issue I’m finding currently is that we need a lot of work on teamplay since we’ve just formed, and so we’re skipping out on tournaments in order to get more practice on specific aspects of our teamplay. Therefore, it’s been hard to find scrims and scrim partners
Also regarding sendouq we have 6 members, so a lot of the time it’s just a last resort and some people have to sit iut

DualMarmalade

Inkling
another great way to find scrim partners is to play tournaments and ask the teams you had close sets with if they want to be scrim partners!
Totally agree with this, in my experience building relationships with other teams is the best way to consistently get scrims. If there's teams/comp players that you regularly find yourself going against in open you could also find them on sendou and ask them if your teams can scrim if they're a similar level to you =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom