• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

For Players New To Shooters!

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
In a thread on the board, a member of the community was looking for tips for getting into Splatoon without having any background playing shooting games. I have heard the same question from other sources so I made this video to help the aspiring inklings sink their toes into the ink pool when the game comes out on May 29th. Enjoy!

As always with my videos, feedback for improvement is always encouraged!

Niliks

Pro Squid
NNID
Niliks
Not bad man, not bad at all. Your presentation was good and honest, and you explained your points pretty well. Coming from the perspective of the game not being out yet, and not getting into finer details that may seem daunting to the target audience, I don't know what to say you would need.

Jiggly

Senior Squid
NNID
Jiggly101
Thanks man, gonna have to check this out. I've always been a nintendo fanboy, so never really got into shooters. This is great!

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
I left a youtube comment. Honestly, I don't think there could be anything else you could do with this until we get our hands on the game.

RocketClauncher

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
RocketClauncher
Nice video man! Pretty much summed up everything we need to mentally prepare for pre-release.

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
Thank you everyone for their response!

I just know how intimidating it is jumping into a genre without any previous experience. At least having a few pointers on where to start when you get the game would ease that tension is my hope.

I also agree with you guys in there isn't much else to say about the game without hands-on experience. So post-release I'll try to make more helpful videos.

Pivi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
HeroPivi
Oh wow this is really really good, I hope it's okay to use this as a go to video when new players come along asking for advice!

I look forward to all your future productions, it's nice to know we have someone with your skills so eagar to promote Splatoon :>

ndayadn

yeah
NNID
Seabass
Good video.

Like it's short but it's very hard to think of what else you could include at this point, and what you mentioned is super necessary. Knowing the maps is such a huge thing, I would argue it's one of the most important since not only do you know where to go and what to do but eventually you will be able to predict where people will be and things like that. In death-match games knowing where to lob grenades or knowing where enemies are going to come from is enormous!

Regiruler

Inkster Jr.
Seemed rather basic, to be honest.

Also, you mentioned battle dojo to learn layouts but haven't we seen signs of a sort of "scout" mode that lets you play solo?

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
This is very nice. I only wish we had a section for videos, honestly. That is something we likely should have had by now, haha. ^^;

RespawningJesus

I am a leaf on the wind - watch how I soar.
Premium
NNID
RespawningJesus
This is very nice. I only wish we had a section for videos, honestly. That is something we likely should have had by now, haha. ^^;
We'll get that section. Eventually. Hopefully. Maybe. Never. *cries*

EnderGamma

Senior Squid
NNID
EnderGamma
Seemed rather basic, to be honest.

Also, you mentioned battle dojo to learn layouts but haven't we seen signs of a sort of "scout" mode that lets you play solo?
The video was intentionally basic. To some, this information may not be as obvious as it is to you or me, especially if they have never played a shooter before. I'm sorry if the post/title seemed misleading. :oops:

But I guess what I meant to elaborate on the Battle Dojo was you jump into a local 1v1 mode but with one controller unmanned so you can move about the maps freely within the game's time limit. I know private matches have been confirmed, but I wasn't sure if there were player number requirements.

Regardless I appreciate your feedback greatly! In future videos I'll try and keep the title/description more direct.

Unessential

Full Squid
I found squidboards because of your video! thank you. I haven't played a shooter in years, This is going to be a series right? I'm looking forward to the rest of it!

Setnaro X

Full Squid
Nice video. Definitely will be helpful to players new to shooters in general. I've thought about making a recommendations list of other shooters (rated E to T) for players who want to try and give it a practice or would like to explore more games similar to Splatoon's shooter aspect and other TPS titles. Perhaps I'll create a thread with a list soon enough.

Unessential

Full Squid
Can you post the rest of the videos in guides instead of GD when they're finished please?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom