• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Frame Data Spreadsheet

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Hello folks, my name is Silver and I'm from the team SpeedRunsLive. After months of gathering info on weapons, testing scenarios and hitting a few Rainmaker shields, we've collected enough info to provide a frame data spreadsheet for the game.

Frame Data Spreadsheet

The spreadsheet covers the following:
  • Frame count till a splat
  • Frame count till a splat with Damage Up
  • The amount of frames till an effective charge
  • The amount of frames till a splat from effective charge
  • Frame count between shots
  • Frames the ink spends in travel before hitting the ground
  • DPS (Damage Per Second) weapons do to the Rainmaker's shield
The info may contain a few issues here or there that we will fix if found so don't be afraid to mention something. We also realize that most people may think the info is "useless" because this isn't a fighting game but it does help with growing your knowledge of the game. So thanks for reading and checking this out.

Edit: 4/25/2016, updated to include changes made in 2.7.0

Last edited:

Leronne

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Leronne
Switch Friend Code
SW-2169-0003-5242
The info may contain a few issues here or there that we will fix if found so don't be afraid to mention something. We also realize that most people may think the info is "useless" because this isn't a fighting game but it does help with growing your knowledge of the game. So thanks for reading and checking this out.
Thanks. And this is definitely useful. i've been waiting for this kind of data for a while now. I'm assuming data like neo splash, slosher, e-litre and custom jet kills faster than they're variant because of burst bomb. It also sheds some light on something i've always had a problem. Normally speaking, less range means a weapon kills faster, which is the case for rollers, splatlings, blasters and sloshers, but not so much for shooters and chargers. I always thought it was weird that that the splash-o-matic and splattershot jr kills just as fast as the n-zap. They're all 4 shot kill weapons, but the n-zap is to a degree superior because of it having more range (ignoring subs and specials of course). It also makes the splattershot more superior because of it's range and faster time-to-kill (or time-to-splat). Now naturally of course there's more to it than that, like the splattershot jr's bubbler, burst bomb, strafing, rng etc, but that has always bugged me. And chargers benifitting so much from damage up, making the squiffer practically obsolete. But this is just my view of things, and i could always be wrong, so correct if me that should be the case. Anyways i've gone on for too long, thanks again for the data :)

Last edited:

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
Thanks. And this is definitely useful. i've been waiting for this kind of data for a while now. I'm assuming data like neo splash, slosher, e-litre and custom jet kills faster than they're variant because of burst bomb. It also sheds some light on something i've always had a problem. Normally speaking, less range means a weapon kills faster, which is the case for rollers, splatlings, blasters and sloshers, but not so much for shooters and chargers. I always thought it was weird that that the splash-o-matic and splattershot jr kills just as fast as the n-zap. They're all 4 shot kill weapons, but the n-zap is to a degree superior because of it having more range (ignoring subs and specials of course). It also makes the splattershot more superior because of it's range and faster time-to-kill (or time-to-splat). Now naturally of course there's more to it than that, like the splattershot jr's bubbler, burst bomb, strafing, rng etc, but that has always bugged me. And chargers benifitting so much from damage up, making the squiffer practically obsolete. But this is just my view of things, and i could always be wrong, so correct if me that should be the case. Also in the list of "damage up added" you could list how much damage up, but now that i think about, it's most likely max damage up. Anyways i've gone on for too long, thanks again for the data :)
For the Damage Up, it would go off 3 mains worth

Mr.HawK

The Artist
I pinned it :3 So you won't have to worry about playing favorites.

This is really good information so thank you for doing the work!

Skepticpunk

Inkster Jr.
NNID
SkepticPunk
I have a couple questions about the data. First off, is the frame data for weapons that have Burst Bombs such as the Custom Jet Squelcher from throwing a Burst Bomb and then firing?

Second, how was testing done on frames-to-splat? Were you firing from point-blank range, or was it from maximum range?

Silver

Speedrunning Inkling
NNID
MHFsilver
I have a couple questions about the data. First off, is the frame data for weapons that have Burst Bombs such as the Custom Jet Squelcher from throwing a Burst Bomb and then firing?

Second, how was testing done on frames-to-splat? Were you firing from point-blank range, or was it from maximum range?
Weapons with Burst Bombs count the Burst Bombs in which means the frames to splat also count throwing a Burst Bomb or two before firing. And the frames to splat counts from farthest possible range.

Nousha

Full Squid
NNID
NoushaKhanom
@Silver Nice! It's always good to have this data on the side.

When it says 'Damage up', how many damage up abilities are equipped? Just one or max?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom