• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Full list of Abilities and Descriptions

luigisly

Full Squid
We've seen a lot of the abilities from the gameplay videos that have been released but never seen a full description of each one. This list was compiled a little bit ago and it shows all of the abilities with descriptions attached to each one.

It looks to be a very solid list and there doesn't seem to be many losers in the group. Thoughts?

zmop

Inkling Cadet
NNID
zorgmop
I was going to write out and post something about theory crafting today about gear. having no experience with the store or adding abilities, it looks like you can only have 3 of the same perks/buffs 1 per head, shoes, and shirt (as is my understanding from seeing videos on youtube.) after a certain point you unlock a random perk/buff after so many battles. Shirts shoes hats can have up to 3 unlockable, perks on them 4 in total making 3 star items end game pieces you’d want. If I understood it correctly, you could also go to that spiky haired dude in the plaza and change them (still unknown how it works in its entirety.)

I personally am all about mobility. So the horizontal white line represents abilities I’d personally focus on. I want to get from point a to point b as fast as possible.

Now, I see value in the other 9 separated by the horizontal lines.

Damage up is self explanatory. I can see this perk being good for lower damage weapons.

Ink Saver (main & sub) = conservation and not having to refill your ink will keep you in the fight longer also self explanatory

Ink recovery up may be a good thing to have over the savers as well.

I like the bomb range up option due to being able to throw sub weapons further. Any range buff will be good in Splatoon.

Special charge up is more important (to me) than keeping the special longer. You will fill it faster and allow you to use your special faster.

Quick respawn I think will be a good thing to have to get you into battle again, quicker.

Last ditch effort over opening gambit. The last 30 seconds of a match is more crucial than the opening 30 seconds hands down.

And stealth jump due to putting a dumb icon where you’re about to land will encourage people camping you before you land. Plus I don’t like ninja squid because it slows you down and I don’t care about ripples I will ambush someone regardless as long as I have ink trails to do so.

The 3 separated by the vertical line are things I feel may have weight in this game I meant to put in the lowering recon timer perk/buff too but forgot as that will be important in ranked.

Conservation of special meter seems like it would be beneficial because it removes quite a bit when you die. I wouldn't use special charge up in conjunction with it, I’d only use one or the other.

Since tenacity is a perk/buff that helps when you have uneven teams, and we’re dealing with Nintendo’s netcode here, it’s a buff that is and will be beneficial to turf wars where we will spend most time when not playing ranked, not to mention the first 3 months :rolleyes:.

Bomb sniffer I feel will be super important later on once people go nuts with mines. I can already see the annoyance of mines in this game but with a buff to counteract them, will make them worrisome as a cloudy day.

I don’t see any importance to anything not listed yet. I was an avid MMORPG gamer from 1998 to 2012 so min/maxing and optimization is in my blood. I still have no idea if I will be able to build specifics or if I will be stuck with random stuff I don’t want and even when I hit that spiky hair dude up, I won’t be able to get what I want and he will only provide a random reroll for buffs (o_O.)

I guess I will see in a week!

LinkJr

Inkling Cadet
You can have multiples of the same ability in one piece of gear, so you can get more than 3, but sub-abilities are less effective. Some of the abilities probably don't stack and can't be sub-abilities.

I believe we have a pretty good idea on how abilities and sub-abilities will work, there is a thread on the gear sub-forum explaining everything: http://squidboards.com/threads/theory-on-how-gear-abilities-work.996/

flc

Inkling Commander
NNID
fiveleafclover
well, without knowing the actual numbers on these things, we won't really be able to tell which is going to be most useful

I agree that movement is going to be nice but if it's something awful like 5% increased move speed, there's not much point running that over some defensive skill or one of those incredibly broken-looking special meter buffs

Shuriblur

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Shuriblur
Could stuff like Stealth Jump and Ninja squid have their negatives removed with sub-abilities likes squid speed up and quick super jump? If that were the case I might be willing to run those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom