Gal as a diving weapon

FemBryn

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0296-6294-0713
So, bear with me, I'm not particularly good at the strategy of the game right now, but I was thinking about .52 gal, and how currently as I've seen it's mostly an aggressive space taker and holder, with the diving moments not quite a focus the same way it is for tetras or blaster, and I was thinking vanilla gal could be quite well suited to the role, without as much QR dependency. In theory, a gal could dive in for a quick pick, hold the space with wall and be a general nuisance until the enemy begins to push back and threaten to kill, at which point, the gal could jump out, with a wall to protect, assuming they have the ink. Quite a bit of QR would be necessary, but less so than other weapons, with one main and a few subs? Definitely want a main of qj, with some sub power and saver, and maybe ink recovery?

How dumb is this?

Yosi Spring

Pro Squid
I'm not sure Splash Wall deploys fast enough for that kind of playstyle to be effective. And if you do want to try it, Glooga Dualies seems like it would be more suitable, since it has Booyah Bomb to survive instead of needing to jump out 🤔

plantknowsyourlocation

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-7194-5500-0728
The main problem is that when you use a splash wall, you don't want to have enemy paint around and behind you. They can sandwich you pretty easily and you'll just die. Against a single opponent it's fine, but otherwise it's asking to get picked. Diving is all about putting yourself in enemy territory, with their paint behind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom