• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Splatoon 2 Getting into Motion Controls

sunaku

Hello again!
Community Ambassador
NNID
yuuisim
Switch Friend Code
SW-3702-6418-1999
So. Motion Controls are the meta. But for someone like me who's gotten used to non-motion controls while playing splatoon 2, i'm finding it almost excruciating to try and learn how to use them correctly..

So, that being said. What are some good tips for using the motion controls to their best usable function for movement in game? What kind of tricks or tips do you have for optimal use of the motion controls?

vanille987

Inkling Cadet
NNID
777SAS777
Start using motion controls in single player first.
Since its a lot less intense and can take your time getting used to it.

Remember you can still use sticks to quickly turn and look around.

IHaveAToaster

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-4526-2274-0616
There's really no way to beat around bush here: you've just got to keep practising until you git good. Learn from failure, and all that jazz.

As for optimal use, I find it's best to use the sticks for general camera controls and motion controls for refining your aim. I would also suggest practising using a weapon with high accuracy (e.g a Charger, the Jet Squelcher or even the N-Zap) as they require you to be precise in order to get splats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom