Good Abilities for the .52 Gal Deco

InkMasterTz

Inkling
I am new to this game, and was wondering if any veteran players knew good abilities/gear for this gun. Thanks! (I know this can vary, bu t I am talking generally here, please also mention what playstyle your set may be for if you can)

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Speed is really good most of the time, so I usually run 1 swim speed main and 3 or 4 run speed subs.

I HATE running out of ink and since the splash wall takes so much ink and the recovery time has been nerfed, I run a lot of ink saver main. The gun is actually pretty efficient, but I really do hate running out of ink, it causes me so much rage. Some damage up is also recommended because one defense can make it a 3 hit kill.

My ranked set:
:head_ncp001::ability_inksavermain:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_damage::ability_defenseup:
:clothes_swt000::ability_swimspeed:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_runspeed:
:shoes_bot003::ability_inkresistance:|:ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed::ability_runspeed:

I'd like to reroll my hat for more damage up, but I'm pretty happy with how my shirt and shoes work together.

Some people also like to use ink saver sub to help with splash walls, but I think you get more mileage out of ink saver main. Cold-blooded is also really useful because you will often be up against dynamos and dual squelchers and being sneaky is important.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Wow. I need to learn to read. You said DECO, not the regular .52.

Nevertheless, most of the same strategy works: run and swim, ink saver main (because seekers really do use up a lot of ink).

I'd add that special charge up can be fun because inkstriking is one of the coolest things in the game. The .52 deco is one of my mains, so I use it a lot. Really great ttk, fun special, and if you get good at sniping people with seekers it can be hilarious. You might want to pursue some ink recovery over ink saver, depending on your playstyle.

For the deco, I only use it in turf war so I tend to use more gimmicky builds. I really like ninja squid in turf war, so I like to use this:

:head_cap001: :ability_swimspeed:|:ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup::ability_defenseup:
:clothes_plo000: :ability_ninjasquid:|:ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain::ability_inksavermain:
:shoes_shi005: :ability_inkresistance:|:ability_inkrecovery::ability_swimspeed::ability_swimspeed:

Still gives me some speed (although just slightly more than normal because of ninja squid), ink saver, and defense (although I'd prefer damage up there, it rolled perfect defense and I couldn't bring myself to change it). I plan to get a perfect set of high tops eventually.

Last edited:

Your Wii

Inkster Jr.
NNID
yorwie
I also use the .52 Gal Deco. You definitely need to run at least one damage up main or three subs to make that 3 hit KO to a 2 hit KO. This will help you get those clutch kills when it counts as well as just improving your KD. Don't let this power make you play recklessly though. Even if you had a one hit KO gun, you'll still lose if you play recklessly and always charge in. I recommend using one Main Ink saver (main) to keep from running out of ink. I personally run 6 ink recovery up because I find that with the Deco variation, you'll spend a lot of time running away from weapons that out range you or simply moving around to gain advantageous positions to splat your opponents and gain map control. With all this swimming it'll be useful to gain all your ink back for when you emerge with fire in your eyes. Since the seeker uses a lot of ink, this will also help with that. Especially if you're using the seeker as a way of traveling (swimming with the seeker). I also run ink resistance on my shoes. Here's a video from nintendodome explaining the effects of it and how useful it can be and how beneficial it will be to improving your overall gameplay.
Lastly, I run 3 swim up speeds because the faster you swim, the better. Especially with all the krakens out there waiting to chase prey. Usually having just 3 swim speed isn't enough to out swim a beefed up kraken but sometimes it's better not to run at all. If you're clever, you could run away a little and then stop if you lose the kraken's sight for a second. If you're lucky, he won't know where you went. Always be careful of other opposing members in the area though. They can spot you and splat you. Anyways, good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom