• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Handling a Loss+Taking that Salt

Squididly

Full Squid
NNID
Squididly
I love this game. It's a beautiful and fresh concept, and I haven't enjoyed an ip this much since I was a kid getting into Sonic games.

However.

Lately, every time I pick up the controller, I get this horrible sense of dread. I've actually gotten to the point of mental break downs in matches where, game after game, I lose in the last 30 seconds, or that *** blaster/carbon/other sniper/etc. squidbag me for the 50th time that match.

How do you guys cope with losing streaks? I don't mean ones that happen for a day and then pass- this has been going on for weeks and I'm starting to feel like I'm getting worse as I go.

Another question I have: how do you handle overtly rude players? I just get so fired up when some prick thinks it's funny to dance circles around me (the sniper), or squidbag me for no reason whatsoever, or that one player who spawn camps me just for kill counts despite the whole rest of the map being owned by my team.

TL;DR- What do you do when this game makes you mad?

peat-warrior

Banned (6 points)
This might be a trivial and stupid tip, but this is what I do:
I just don't take the game too seriously. Every time when I feel the first grain of salt, I keep saying to myself that it is just a game.
To be honest, I'm glad that this game has no chat function, which has no other purpose than being a steady salt generator.
Stop thinking about your loss and your rank, that's how I handle this. Don't think about stupid squidbaggers, they are not worth it.

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I'm going to be "that guy" and point out that there's several threads on this topic already. Answers and suggestions await.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom