• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has anyone else encountered someone using the hack...

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
in which they change the ink colors as well as certain stage decoration colors and the end "GAME" colors? So far the ink colors have been a rose pink, black, white, very light grey, navy blue, and cherry red. Someone in the lobby was also using a roller speed hack, but I found the unusual colors interesting enough to stick around for fun. I am not certain whether the roller was the one who had the color hack or if it had been two people in the lobby. I have some pictures of my inkling in the equipment menu after on the rose team, however I don't know how to find the URL for them.

I am slightly worried about whether this will affect playability, but at this point it's already happened so worrying more would be unlikely to help.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
It could end up like Mario Kart wii where it either ruins the fun, or makes the experience worthwhile. Nintendo has stopped maintenance on the system which is quite a shame, and disheartening to see as the Switch slowly grows over. I haven't hacked myself, and was planning to homebrew the wii before it, but decided not to later.

What I theorize that the online play would continue till nintendo decides to can the service for it, but slowly degrade where it becomes nothing but a sandbox for experimenting. You are going to see hackers who will just regulate persistent griefing to annoy players. Put in character models that usually don't belong, etc, stuff you already know.

It is kinda amazing to see SMB4 with some high quality models being implemented into the roaster, and has improved drastically. So I wonder if the same for splatoon is going to go beyond that then just color coding.

Slurmp

Pro Squid
NNID
HedgehogOverlord
It could end up like Mario Kart wii where it either ruins the fun, or makes the experience worthwhile. Nintendo has stopped maintenance on the system which is quite a shame, and disheartening to see as the Switch slowly grows over. I haven't hacked myself, and was planning to homebrew the wii before it, but decided not to later.

What I theorize that the online play would continue till nintendo decides to can the service for it, but slowly degrade where it becomes nothing but a sandbox for experimenting. You are going to see hackers who will just regulate persistent griefing to annoy players. Put in character models that usually don't belong, etc, stuff you already know.

It is kinda amazing to see SMB4 with some high quality models being implemented into the roaster, and has improved drastically. So I wonder if the same for splatoon is going to go beyond that then just color coding.
It will definitely be interesting to see how things develop from here on for splatoon 1. Things could devolve into an unplayable cesspit of speed and ink coverage hacks, they could continue on this course (with hacks being somewhat rare) or someone could develop new mechanics/modifications, similar to project m.

ForteReborn

Inkling Commander
NNID
ForteReborn
Switch Friend Code
SW-5389-7346-0792
It will definitely be interesting to see how things develop from here on for splatoon 1. Things could devolve into an unplayable cesspit of speed and ink coverage hacks, they could continue on this course (with hacks being somewhat rare) or someone could develop new mechanics/modifications, similar to project m.
Now, I did follow some Japanese that experienced hacking before it was more common. They had the one blaster and it was so rapid that it hurt my eyes and it was blindly fast. Those are the worst.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I finally encountered someone who I can know for sure was hacking the game. Someone on my team, an Aerospray RG user who clearly was using a speed hack, he just zoooooomed right out of our spawn and went in. Though funny enough, he wasn't very OP, I originally just decided to hang back and ink my turf without bullying the other team. However, the other team actually had a shot at winning, so I had to play a little normally, still trying to keep out of the action. I can appreciate this hacker did not hack in an OP weapon, but it still sucks. Left that lobby immediately and blocked them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom