• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

Has this ever happened to you?

nigelcannonball

Inkling
So yesterday, I deranked. Twice. I went from S to A, i am currently stuck in A right now. The reason why I cannot get out of A is because when I reach above A 50, I start playing with S ranks again. Whenever I go from S to A+, I usually get my S rank in a matter of a few matches, but know, for some reason I cannot get out of A.

Has anyone else ever deranked twice? If so, how did you get your rank back to your highest?

jsilva

Inkling Cadet
I think many of us have deranked multiple times :) It's frustrating for sure. My latest one was from S 98 down to somewhere around A 18 over the course of three days. Then I got back up to S 58 fairly quickly, but only after being stuck in A for a day or two.

My feeling is that long losing streaks aren't entirely the player's fault, so I'd suggest to just do the best you can and try and improve in whatever way you can hoping the losing streak corrects itself. Not much else you can do anyway!

Airi

Inkling Commander
NNID
radiorabbits
I haven't actually deranked two full ranks in one sitting nor within a few days. I have fallen two ranks over the course of a week or two though. Personally, if I lose two matches in a row and didn't do very well on them, I won't play Ranked for a few hours. Clearly, I'm not playing like I should and I don't want to sacrifice my rank for a few stupid mistakes on my part. So I'll take a break and come back later. It's helped to prevent full rank drops and I can usually claw my way back up. I'd say that if you're constantly losing, try to step away from Ranked and don't push it. You'll only hurt yourself.

Skoodge

Brella Aficionado
Switch Friend Code
SW-2149-6955-3787
The past week I have gone from S+ to S, and then back to S+ twice. Months before that I repeatedly went from S to A+ and back. It is inevitable, I have just had some bad luck recently, lots of DCs on my team, and late S rank is brutal scoring. Just keep playing, it will give you more money, and just get better at the game, and then you can be the rank you want later. Just stay positive, and know that this new rank is just a set back to what you want in your mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom