haunt on squiffer?

sammich

Inkling Cadet
so keep in mind i'm only running this in solo queue, but i've become addicted to running haunt on my squiffers.

i used to wear this coat that had run speed up main and three run speed up subs, but i've switched to that blue checkered button-down from rockenberg (so dropped the run speed main but kept the three subs). at first, it was just because it felt odd playing splatoon in a heavy coat in the hot summer, but as time passed, honestly i've fallen in love.

basically, with haunts buffs, it means that any time i get tagged (which happens pretty often but tends not to make a difference since the squiffer is so ffing loud everyone already knows my location), i get defense up and run speed up (and technically damage up, but this is squiffer so lol).

but the real great part of using it in solo queue is that, as a squiffer, you tend to be a key defensive point for your team. even on the more offensive fresh squiffer, you tend to be a key player of whatever zone you're in. so, it REALLY SUCKS when you die and your corpse becomes the floodgates for a massive turnaround (which always seems to be the case). haunt reveals more clearly than "nice" not only that there is danger on the field, but where exactly that issue is, meaning even ****ty teammates will flock over there and do their best to plug the leak.

paired up with a few respawn time downs you can hop right back where you were right at the moment your killer gets his (lolol you thought you had me b****).

<obviously if you're playing with headsets with your personal luxury squad, you can just tell them you died and where the problem is, but for those of us in solo queue we can only make do with random, unresponsive teammates>

anyway, the lack of the run speed up main was not as noticeable as i thought,
and when i switch over to bamboozler (on which i run a different shirt that has some damage ups), i honestly find myself pining over my precious haunt.

anyway, it may be even better if you play a charger that can use haunt's damage up as well as its other buffs, but i don't use them so who cares.
anyway, thoughts on haunt?

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Only a couple things to add, as you hit most points on why haunt is strong already.

~Does it add run speed too? If it does, then it must also add swim speed no? I thought it only did damage up and defense up

~It also works nicely on any charger/ long range gun, even bambooooo! =O

~Honestly, I run haunt mainly for the
"You son of a squid! You're in for it now, ya tuna slappin' spaghetti sucker! Splat him my goons! AVENGE MEH!! WOHNMENMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" factor.

PS: I gots the quick respawn on my octo-tee.
Only the freshest gear >,>

PPS:Recon is amazing too I just forget to use it when I equip it...

Last edited:

sammich

Inkling Cadet
Only a couple things to add, as you hit most points on why haunt is strong already.

~Does it add run speed too? If it does, then it must also add swim speed no? I thought it only did damage up and defense up

~It also works nicely on any charger/ long range gun, even bambooooo! =O

~Honestly, I run haunt mainly for the
"You son of a squid! You're in for it now, ya tuna slappin' spaghetti sucker! Splat him my goons! AVENGE MEH!! WOHNMENMIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!" factor.

PS: I gots the quick respawn on my octo-tee.
Only the freshest gear >,>

PPS:Recon is amazing too I just forget to use it when I equip it...
found this on the reddit guide:

"Reveals location of opponent who splatted you for 11.5s after splat. You now also gain Damage Up, Defense Up and Run Speed Up ANYTIME your location is being tracked by opponents"

but the official nintendo announcement is more vague:

"Haunt will now also increase attack power, defense, and Inkling movement speed while being marked by the enemy."

i wonder...

edit: nevermind, the japanese is this:

"これまでの効果に加えて、相手にマーキングされている間、攻撃力アップ・防御力アップ・ヒト移動速度アップの効果が発揮されるようにしました。"

ヒト == kid form,
and there's no speed up for イカ (squid form)
it's run speed up only, so no swim speed up.

Last edited:

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
Its not worth on the squiff. Since you're most likely front-lining with (because range) there SHOULD be a teammate with you. I generally use it on Splattercopes since i'm behind my team's front lines - so if I got splatted there's likely a flank or a break in our lines and my team is the notified on where that person is. I don't think it works on E-litres since there's more of a chance I will spot them and kill them anyway. So if you're front-lining don't use it. If you aren't then do. And if you front line go for mains: Double run speed , ink resistance (biker boots - rockenberg , run speed ) , and ink recovery subs (6)

sammich

Inkling Cadet
Its not worth on the squiff. Since you're most likely front-lining with (because range) there SHOULD be a teammate with you. I generally use it on Splattercopes since i'm behind my team's front lines - so if I got splatted there's likely a flank or a break in our lines and my team is the notified on where that person is. I don't think it works on E-litres since there's more of a chance I will spot them and kill them anyway. So if you're front-lining don't use it. If you aren't then do. And if you front line go for mains: Double run speed , ink resistance (biker boots - rockenberg , run speed ) , and ink recovery subs (6)
yeah, i'm getting kinda over haunt. it was fun at first but now it's mostly just useful in turf wars where i'm required to hold the line.

i'm realizing lately as i push bit by bit into S+ how useful ink recovery would be.

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
yeah, i'm getting kinda over haunt. it was fun at first but now it's mostly just useful in turf wars where i'm required to hold the line.

i'm realizing lately as i push bit by bit into S+ how useful ink recovery would be.
Yeah , i'd use these abilities on a squiff (damage is not needed since you can only kill with a full charge, no matter the damage)

:ability_inkrecovery::ability_inkresistance::ability_inksavermain::ability_swimspeed::ability_runspeed:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom