Headin' Back to High School Chemistry Class! Let's Make Some Love!

SwimShady

The REAL SwimShady
NNID
Manfers
Okay guys! I thought long and hard (hehe) about what to do about our chemistry issue and I think I have the solution.

First and foremost: Tony is now head of scrims and scheduling. I made this decision early yesterday morning. He's just way better than me at it. I'm obviously still in charge of all the touchy-feely parts of being a captain like newsletters and morale and recruitment and hosting stuff and things like that. I just wanted to let you guys know that if you have any questions about scheduley type things, Tony's your guy.

Next: I have made necessary edits and reopened recruitment on our Squad Social page. We'll be looking for shooters primarily, and eventually another charger since Cam will be leaving us ):

Once we have our permanent members, I propose we break into two teams (I believe this was originally Cam's idea, so thanks man!). What Tony and I do not want is two teams split up based on skill (an "A Team" and a "B Team") and we don't really like the idea of two people picking team mates school yard style. We feel like that will make people feel alienated and still puts a lot of emphasis on skill. We really want two teams that are formed purely around chemistry and of relatively equal skill level.

My initial idea for splitting up the teams was based on how long you've been a Whipray. So like, me, Tony, Alex, and Antwan were the original 4. Antwan's not with us anymore, so the next member would be Seth (who joined like just a day or two after Antwan I think.) That team of 4 (me, Tony, Alex, Seth) already has a certain chemistry with each other because we've played together a little longer. We would then make a second team of Eric, Tyler, (I think those two have the potential for a really good dynamic together) New Shooter, and New Charger and let them build their own chemistry from the ground up, the way the original 4 did.

But I also didn't want to make the decisions for the whole team on this matter. That was just an idea I had. We could potentially spend a week or so just trying out different team comps until we see who has the best chemistry. We'll figure it out. Once we get our two teams decided, rather than call them A Team and B Team or anything like that, we could pick our own sub-team names, maybe a Whipray pun or something.

Once our teams are set, we adjust practices so that it's a half hour or so of team vs team private practice, and then move on to quads for the remainder of practice and really focus on our team chemistry. Then we can start enrolling into small tournaments.

If by chance we decide to have one team that has both me and Tony on it (which could easily happen. Tony and I have played together a lot and I think we work really well together) then we will discuss and appoint a sub-captain to run the second team and make any necessary decisions.

Last night was a little rough, so let's hop back in the saddle and spread the love this week, guys. Let's have fun and enjoy the game and focus on improving ourselves through building stronger teammate relationships and improving our teamwork. We've got this. I have faith in us.

Have a great weekend, everyone! <3

XCuber2

Inkster Jr.
NNID
XCuber2
I like this. This way, I can still annoy the crap out of Sam and Tony. >:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom