Helps plz

Duck

Full Squid
So Iv been looking into guns like the neo sploosh o matic,neo splash o matic,52 gal,and the mini splatling.Idk wich gun to use and I also need help with awareness.Iv been recently playing with s/s+ players and I don't know how to keep up,idk if it's awareness or wat,but I need some help plz

xXShadeXx

Inkling Cadet
Switch Friend Code
SW-3241-7928-4020
Well the weapon choice does depend on your style of play. I can't speak for any of the other weapons, and for the mini splatling, I can only speak behalf on the zink mini splatling as I don't use the mini zink as much anymore. I have a semi aggressive playstyle, so the disruptors help with pointing out targets to either me or my teammate to either take out, or have them retreat. And the bubbler for if me or teammates are in danger, or to help take out enemies. Your gear, if you want added bonuses, would matter, too, but isn't needed.

And awareness comes from slowing down your pace and taking time to analyze the situation. A brief one to two second pause is good enough to look around at your surroundings. Check the map when you're respawning or when you have time to check it to see where your teammates are and where potential enemies are at. Listening/looking for specific opponent weapon signs is important. Like the lazer/flash of a charger being charged, the sound of bombs being thrown, the look/sound of enemies swimming in ink.

I'm no pro, but I think that may help. Sorry I couldn't be much more use on the weapons, though.

MeTaGross

Inkling Cadet
Awareness is probably one of the best skills to have, but it can be very hard to learn. I am an S to S+ player, so you can trust me.:D

I only recently reached S+, but I still have not learned to really watch the map and be aware during battle. I always check the map after dying, which is still a good step. If you have the mental power to stop playing and look at the map you can find teammates in trouble, enemies covering turf, and enemy beacons. One of the best strategies you can use with good map awareness is to overuse beacons, which the custom duel squelcher is great with. You can place beacons in remote areas near the most important areas! This means near choke points or the center of the map. You can actually place beacons in the very center, and if they are not completely in the open, most S players will ignore it. You can jump between these after dying, or jump to them to escape death.

My point, you can only get better by trying to focus on the map more often. Your weapon depends on the strategy. Like I said, the custom duel is a very good support weapon, just make sure you actually use the beacons. The zink mini is very good at picking off enemies and charging a bubbler quickly, as well as gaining turf. If you don't like any of your weapons, try a new one, you might be surprised.

JFL

Senior Squid
NNID
AldricJFL
If you want to use the Neo Sploosh, here are some advices:

-use the most run speed and swim speed up perks possible, the sploosh lives or dies by its mobility
-use tenacity or special charge up for near constant kraken, it helps a lot if only for the feeling of safety it gives you when you need to go in, and you'll need to go in with the sploosh
-you don't really need ink resistance as you can splatdash out of sticky situations very easily
-never challenge directly, never take the most obvious, direct route, flank and ambush
-move constantly, the sploosh is the most mobile shooter in the game, take advantage of it, but also don't forget to be stealthy when the situation requires it
-shoot low, the lower you shoot the more accurate the sploosh is
-use your point sensors, they don't hurt directly but they're still a nuisance and force your opponent to act, don't use them when you're trying to flank though because you're going to reveal your position, except if you have kraken charged
-the sploosh covers turf really well, help your team to get map control and play the objective, it claims the zones super fast and pops the rainmaker shield easily

l've been using the Neo Sploosh almost exclusively and l'm currently S 85, it's a powerful weapon and ridiculously fun to use, but it requires more effort than a Tentatek, .52 or Zink Mini to get results.

Rabite

Inkster Jr.
NNID
cboyd1987
I can't speak much on awareness other than to say it is easier to move as a team, know the critical map points, and the flow of the game mode. On the other hand, I use all of those guns regularly. They're fun. Here's some distinctions between them and notes on usage.

Splash-o-matic:
You're a splattershot with slightly lower range and better fire rate/accuracy. You have to play with the range weakness in mind, trying to avoid head-on confrontations. I prefer the neo variant as the inkzooka and burst bombs both compensate for the shorter range. It takes some finesse to use, I would elect to not use this weapon if you are fighting a lot of S/S+ players. They'll smell your green like a synesthetic from a mile away and carve you up for dinner.

Sploosh-o-matic:
The sploosh is very fun, but its range is a massive weakness. Fortunately, the point sensor gives you the ability to push into enemy ink with a nice safety net. Use it often and learn to love it if you don't already. Beyond that, swim speeds or ninja squid are good choices for the weapon, as you need to utilize squid form to close the gap before assassinating with your high attack power and speed. Kraken synergizes well with this kit, as the point sensors can prevent people from hiding in their ink. Although this is maybe one of the easiest weapons to get kills with, I don't think it's as effective at playing the objective as the others you've listed. This is mainly due to its lack of range and offensive sub weapons with any variant.

.52 gal:
Its slow fire rate and spread means you can't let people get close. Initiate your attacks around chokes and places with good cover, while using the splash wall to deny the enemy the ability to reach you. One damage up main is nice to take here, as a single defense up turns the .52 gal into a three shot kill, which hugely harms its viability. This weapon is a favorite of mine in splat zones, as it kills quickly, denies access to the splat zone, and the killer wail is an effective zoning tool to push the enemy team out of the ink if they're on defense. Beyond that, this weapon is probably the easiest of the four to do well with.

Mini splatling:
Use the zink variant and play it as support, it has the lowest learning curve. Harass the enemy by lobbing your disruptors and stay alive to ensure you can crank out bubblers for your team to make a push. Engaging behind a teammate, you can seriously put out some respectable pressure, as your charge rate is berserk. The main downside to playing this weapon is its pitiful range means to secure kills by yourself, you usually have to put yourself in harms way, something that is exclusive to the mini splatling.

Duck

Full Squid
I can't speak much on awareness other than to say it is easier to move as a team, know the critical map points, and the flow of the game mode. On the other hand, I use all of those guns regularly. They're fun. Here's some distinctions between them and notes on usage.

Splash-o-matic:
You're a splattershot with slightly lower range and better fire rate/accuracy. You have to play with the range weakness in mind, trying to avoid head-on confrontations. I prefer the neo variant as the inkzooka and burst bombs both compensate for the shorter range. It takes some finesse to use, I would elect to not use this weapon if you are fighting a lot of S/S+ players. They'll smell your green like a synesthetic from a mile away and carve you up for dinner.

Sploosh-o-matic:
The sploosh is very fun, but its range is a massive weakness. Fortunately, the point sensor gives you the ability to push into enemy ink with a nice safety net. Use it often and learn to love it if you don't already. Beyond that, swim speeds or ninja squid are good choices for the weapon, as you need to utilize squid form to close the gap before assassinating with your high attack power and speed. Kraken synergizes well with this kit, as the point sensors can prevent people from hiding in their ink. Although this is maybe one of the easiest weapons to get kills with, I don't think it's as effective at playing the objective as the others you've listed. This is mainly due to its lack of range and offensive sub weapons with any variant.

.52 gal:
Its slow fire rate and spread means you can't let people get close. Initiate your attacks around chokes and places with good cover, while using the splash wall to deny the enemy the ability to reach you. One damage up main is nice to take here, as a single defense up turns the .52 gal into a three shot kill, which hugely harms its viability. This weapon is a favorite of mine in splat zones, as it kills quickly, denies access to the splat zone, and the killer wail is an effective zoning tool to push the enemy team out of the ink if they're on defense. Beyond that, this weapon is probably the easiest of the four to do well with.

Mini splatling:
Use the zink variant and play it as support, it has the lowest learning curve. Harass the enemy by lobbing your disruptors and stay alive to ensure you can crank out bubblers for your team to make a push. Engaging behind a teammate, you can seriously put out some respectable pressure, as your charge rate is berserk. The main downside to playing this weapon is its pitiful range means to secure kills by yourself, you usually have to put yourself in harms way, something that is exclusive to the mini splatling.
Wow that helped me a lot,thanks.Im going to use the .52 gal,tenatek splattershot,and the neo sploosh o matic a lot now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom