Hey there!

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
What's going on? I'm Adri, but you can call me by whatever nickname you want to give me.

I heard about Splatoon from Nintendo's E3 conference last year and was really interested in the game's art style and bright colors and was surprised upon finding out it was a shooter, a game genre I'm not really a big fan of. Even so, after learning more about the game, I settled on pre-ordering it and can't wait for it to come out later this month.

My experience with games jumps from 3D platformers (Spyro, Crash Bandicoot, Sonic Adventure (DX and Battle)) to casual (Animal Crossing, Tomodachi Life) to fighting games (Skullgirls, Tekken, Mortal Kombat, Smash Bros (if that counts?)), so it's kinda all over the place, heh. I've kinda dabbled with RPGs, but even then it's very little; I've only played EarthBound so far (and loving it!) cause I find most RPGs kinda boring.

Besides that, I draw (currently have no recent art to show off) and sometimes write (again, nothing new to show off lol). Hope you don't mind if I lurk for for bit; kind of a shy poster.

Hope to stick around here and see you guys in game soon!

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Welcome to Squidboards !

We hope you enjoy your time here.

Keep up to date withe the latest news here.
General discussion of Splatoon is here.
Competitive discussions of Splatoon is here.

Guides are useful for those who want to be competitive in this game.
If you're interested in the the competitive aspects of Splatoon, Tournaments are the way to go !

The Shoutbox is a place to chat with other inklings around the world !

Get Premium to obtain some extra perks and features on the site, all at a great cost. Plus, it helps out the site !

The Crispy Calamary is for general discussions.
This is great place to waste some time :cool:
Before you post please check out the Global Rules.

If you need any assistance I'll be glad to help, just message me !

EDIT: An original masterpiece.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Hyrule, Mushroom, Nohr, Comet Observatory
Hello and welcome to Squidboards; home of the Squids who like to ink. It seems the Direct has really changed many people like you. Glad you could join us for this wonderful game. I would like to draw but i'm not on that talent front. Don't worry, same as the Direct made you like a shooter. Someone here might make you post more than what you shy limit yourself to. Your avi, is that Fillia from Skullgirls? I'm not familiar with the game but I know a bit of it. There another Fillia clone added as dlc.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Thanks for the welcomes!

@StarForce : Yes, my avi's Filia from Skullgirls, one of my mains and fav next to Squigly. Skullgirl's a really good game, you should check it out sometime!

I'm aware of Fukua (Filia's clone). I played her for a bit; I like her, but she doesn't match up with my playstyle, so I don't use her as much.

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
I see, Fukua was it. I had forgotten. Your welcome. I was going to get the game on 360 once but there wasn't much community support. There wasat the time the squirmish of the update controversy and I played the demo and I didn't like much the gamestyle. Loading times (on the demo) were horrendous. I ended not getting the game. If I had I would use Valentine and maybe Parasoul.

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
I see, Fukua was it. I had forgotten. Your welcome. I was going to get the game on 360 once but there wasn't much community support. There wasat the time the squirmish of the update controversy and I played the demo and I didn't like much the gamestyle. Loading times (on the demo) were horrendous. I ended not getting the game. If I had I would use Valentine and maybe Parasoul.
Oh yeah, the game's way past that now and changed a lot since the demo. It just got their last few DLC characters for now, Beowulf and Robo Fortune.

Shoot, I don't have a 360; only play the game on PS3 and Steam sometimes.

And thank you, SilverEra!

StarForce

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Yes that was basically two years ago. I even mentioned in the topic art that time that the PS3 was going to get Squiggly while the 360 game was as is, unpatched so I gave up shortly and desisted of the idea. A shame really I wanted to play it. There's still time but no it's long gone for me. But I still can at least recognize some things when I see them. I guess the game left a little mark in me. Indiegogo did good job raising funds. The game has a lot of dlc characters. ZZzz I'm getting kod by sleep. Nice to meet you. See ya around.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
Welcome to Squidboards, Adri. :)

empieflower

Senior Squid
NNID
empieflower
Switch Friend Code
SW-4855-9837-7775
Nice meeting you too, StarForce! It was great chatting Skullgirls with you.

And thanks for the welcomes! And TeddyBearYoshi, I love your sig. That episode of SU, man. ;;

Bennie

Inkster Jr.
NNID
moogla
Welcome, hope you enjoy your stay.

Also I'm reminded that I never tried Skullgirls past the beta, and that's a shame. :( I should rectify that...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom