Hitbox sizes

D

Deleted Member

I haven't seen any discussion on the sizes of player hit boxes, so I thought I'd bring it up.

Do male and female inklings have the exact same hitbox? Does all clothing and gear keep the same hitbox? What about weapons?

Friendan

Pro Squid
NNID
xdbrendanxd
I'm pretty sure everyone has the same hitbox, considering that the genders' models are really similar, and that most games do not add hitboxes to equipment and weapons, considering that a weapon and equipment are not part of your body.

TheMH

Inkling Commander
NNID
The_MH
I don't know it for sure, but I think everyone's equal. It's probably designed like the Mario Party genre where your character choice is cosmetic only.

Kat

Wet, Warm & Sticky
NNID
FunkyFlump
It's very, very unlikely the two have different hitboxes, however with the projectile hitboxes likely being quite large I honestly doubt we'd notice anyway. With the 2 player offline mode there is room to look into the hitboxes of various weapons and models to see if there are any interesting quirks to them however, I know from a couple of games there are some really weird hitboxes when performing certain actions, I'd be really interested to know how the hitboxes function when transforming from kid to squid then squid to kid then kid to squid then squid to kid...

Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom