• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How can I use a hotspot to play splatoon at school?

lizardontheweb

Inkster Jr.
Pronouns
He/him
Switch Friend Code
SW-7014-1500-2547
I have an addiction and am in high school at the same time. Help how can I feed my addiction

:pancakes:

Inkling
I have an addiction and am in high school at the same time. Help how can I feed my addiction
first, you need a really good phone plan. second, you need full bars. third, you need to hope no one else in the lobby has even the slightest of connection issues or else it'll probably be too much. it's easier to just pay attention to your classes (:
play the singleplayer if you really need to, though

NecoConeco

Semi-Pro Squid
I play on a hotspot. It takes a bit of work though. I have an antenna and I use Cellmapper to determine where to aim it to get my best connection. It's still fairly finicky but on days with good weather and low network traffic it works great.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
You should always use a wired ethernet connection for gaming. Wifi is prone to jitter and packet loss, cellular data is significantly worse than that.

Madt123

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
She/Her/Hers
NNID
xerneas
Switch Friend Code
SW-5046-3858-9981
if your school has a guest wifi maybe you could try that too.

I have tried using a hotspot (I got like 12 DCs so I do not reccomend)

DinkyDine

Full Squid
Pronouns
he/him
first, you need a really good phone plan. second, you need full bars. third, you need to hope no one else in the lobby has even the slightest of connection issues or else it'll probably be too much. it's easier to just pay attention to your classes (:
play the singleplayer if you really need to, though
bars dont actually mean anything with relation to internet strength or speed

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom