How long does it take for you to notice a team has a DC'd player?

Chaos_Knight

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Cha0sKnight
So the online still isn't perfect. I keep seeing some disconnects here and there. (Usually it happens to my team all the time.) How long does it take for you to notice a DC'd player on a team during a match? At the beginning? At the end? When you feel things feel too easy or hard for you? (Depending which team you're on.)

Maave

Inkling Commander
Sometimes I notice when I'm respawning and checking the map. If not then I probably don't find out until the end of the match

Pix

Inkster Jr.
NNID
Pixxyofflames
Switch Friend Code
SW-0436-5764-8697
Usually, either when I respawn (checking the people on each side and going "wait that person died a while back?" and then checking the map and yep they're gone) or when I'm frustrated at current events (WHY ARE WE LOSING OH MY GOD- *checks map* oh my god we had a disconnect?)

Mar$el

Inkling Commander
I glance up there every few seconds so I know pretty fast. It's a good habit to get used to. If not then when I'm respawning

MINKUKEL

Inkling Fleet Admiral
If I notice either our team or the opponent's team is getting their *** handed to them completely, I keep my eye on the icons at the top.
If the battle is a bit closer, I usually don't find out until I see someone who has 0pts.

EDIT: Even the 3-word synonym for butt is censored on here? Jeez laweez...

zzmorg82

Pro Squid
NNID
zzmorg82
Switch Friend Code
SW-2476-2506-3411
If we're completely dominating the map then I'll say to myself, "Aye, these dudes trying?" Then I'll look up at the top and see that they have some DCs.

Либра

「Pavor Nocturnus」
Fairly fast. I keep a close eye on the little squib icons on top so I know when to fire specials, how many enemies to expect and when to push further onto the map / the objective. It's only when I'm unusually occupied for half a minute that I don't notice one right away, but then it's when the match turns into a complete lockdown-steamroll the moment a DC occurs for the enemy team I notice anyway, or if I'm getting overrun and killed left and right a couple seconds after we get one (even moreso than with just a bad teammate, since those could serve as a meat shield at least).So even when I don't pay attention to the icons in such moments, there's other sure-tell signs. R.I.P. grammar

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Like Mar$el I check the top of the screen every few seconds, so I notice immediately most of the time... and then comes the salt, hah.

Kidnacho

Senior Squid
NNID
Kidnacho
Switch Friend Code
SW-3767-4369-9288
I think Maave and Pix summed up how long it takes me to see a teammate who's DC'd.

When it comes to the opposing team I sometimes start to suspect it when we start to dominate the match. Otherwise it's a "Wow this was a great match, we all pushed and held them in their base- Oh, it was a 3v4..." situation. Although I sometimes notice it when I try to time my special right. Such as trying to lock onto all four players with the Tenta Missiles and it'll only lock onto three while waiting.

Aori

Don't get Cooked!
It takes me until our team is doing significantly worse than usual xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom