how much would cooler change splatoon 1 and 2?

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
i just had this random thought earlier today but the more i thought about it, the more insane it was to think about how it would have changed those games.

in splatoon 1, all of the weapons that were strong were so because they were good and they were able to stack QR no problems, but if cooler existed, would QR be as needed as it was?

yes. getting 1 death that gives a fast respawn is basically nothing when there was so much in the game that kills you so often and things like pushing the tower by constantly super jumping and dying on it. it’s possible that it could have helped weapons that had higher costing specials, they get a death that doesnt cost them any time to get special back up so maybe inkzooka could have seen more use but that’s all i can think of.

splatoon 2 probably would have changed a lot from cooler. stingray and missiles could have been countered by having a respawn that makes those specials have almost no effect, similar to how cooler was first being used against inkjet during that meta in splatoon 3. however, there weren’t a lot of specials that had the kind of power besides missiles and ray in that game, which means i think it would have had an interaction like this:

enemy missiles/ray and armor, they come in to fight -> use cooler to be able to save your own missiles or armor after a death -> go in and fight even more with your team’s armor and missiles -> repeat from step one

it’s funny to think about how cooler would have affected the past games in the series, i’m interested in what everyone else thinks about what it would have been like.

Last edited:

Aiko.Octo

Inkling Commander
Pronouns
she/her
I didn't play enough of 1 or 2 to weigh in on this, but I read this thread title as "how much would color change splatoon 1 and 2?" and was so confused for a second.

Yeenom

Semi-Pro Squid
Pronouns
He/They
NNID
YeenBeans
Switch Friend Code
SW-6746-0504-4799
I want cooler in Splatoon 2 solely because it would be funny. S2 has probably the worst special balancing in the series and cooler would just make it substantially worse. Imagine if it was global, imagine if somebody could just pop cooler somewhat close to the zone and the entire enemy team just has to deal with 4 cracked out opponents for a couple of seconds. It could give MPU abilities, so Bamboozlers could immediately go from support to one-shotting. Imagine Splatoon 2 Ballpoint that can quick respawn without sacrificing any SPU or MPU. Words cannot state how absolutely PROFOUNDLY scuffed Splatoon 2 could have become if the developers came up with the idea then instead of now.

chaotik0

Inkling Cadet
I want cooler in Splatoon 2 solely because it would be funny. S2 has probably the worst special balancing in the series and cooler would just make it substantially worse. Imagine if it was global, imagine if somebody could just pop cooler somewhat close to the zone and the entire enemy team just has to deal with 4 cracked out opponents for a couple of seconds. It could give MPU abilities, so Bamboozlers could immediately go from support to one-shotting. Imagine Splatoon 2 Ballpoint that can quick respawn without sacrificing any SPU or MPU. Words cannot state how absolutely PROFOUNDLY scuffed Splatoon 2 could have become if the developers came up with the idea then instead of now.
oh right intensify isnt in splatoon 2 so it probably would have been mpu i didnt even think about that

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom