• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How to stream Splatoon 2 gameplay?

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
Hi!

Recently i've discovered that you can stream your gameplay, but I don't know how to. I would like to start streaming my play so I can learn from what i'm doing right/wrong during play!
If anyone can help me set it up and figure it out it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance, Sam:D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
You'll need a capable computer with good specs and a capture device, to start. The Elgato Game Capture HD60 and similar are popular choices. That will run you at least 150 dollars depending on what you decide to go for.

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
I have the computer to do it, I do not have the game capture thing though. I just thought you could connect via USB or something like that lol
I will look into it though being as it is something that i'd really like to try!
Thank you so much!:D

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
I have the computer to do it, I do not have the game capture thing though. I just thought you could connect via USB or something like that lol
I will look into it though being as it is something that i'd really like to try!
Thank you so much!:D
Glad to help! There's more involved for streaming, like choosing software (Open Broadcaster Software works well) and setting it all up, but the first step is the equipment. Feel free to ask questions when you have them!

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
Glad to help! There's more involved for streaming, like choosing software (Open Broadcaster Software works well) and setting it all up, but the first step is the equipment. Feel free to ask questions when you have them!
I absolutely will! Thank you for your help, hopefully I will be streaming by the end of the month!:D

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
The biggest and only difference is xsplit isnt free..its quite expensive..Theres always an xsplit vs obs debate going around among people, xsplit has the ability to snap objects to a grid that obs does not. It has much finer controls over text and onscreen messages, scaling of said objects without going blurry, etc. Xsplit however is not free, like i said. So you either have to put up with waiting 10 seconds when you open it to get to the main screen or use obs. I do not mind the wait because of the grid features and finer control over my stream "objects"

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Thanks for the explanation, EarlyCuyler. As they said RealGSam, there's a debate, so it mostly comes down to taste. Perhaps look into both and see which one you prefer.

EarlyCuyler

Semi-Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5208-7719-6394
As an example heres my cancerous stream intro:

lots of GIFs

Oh and this is what i mean by finer control over text. Obs cant do some of these things, and theres some things obs can do better. Its all down to preference but this is my crappy example of whats possible :D

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
As an example heres my cancerous stream intro:

lots of GIFs

Oh and this is what i mean by finer control over text. Obs cant do some of these things, and theres some things obs can do better. Its all down to preference but this is my crappy example of whats possible :D

Thank you for clarifying things up a little for me, I'm going to do some more research on it!
Thank you so much!! :D

NBSink

Pro Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5607-3736-5200
As already said, you need an Capture Card like Elgato CaptureCard HD60. I have one to record my gameplay and it's working fine... Just my Internet isn't fast enough to stream 480p30. And the software from Elgato for streaming and recording just works fine for me.

RealGSam

Full Squid
NNID
RealGSam
Switch Friend Code
SW-6682-5853-1309
As already said, you need an Capture Card like Elgato CaptureCard HD60. I have one to record my gameplay and it's working fine... Just my Internet isn't fast enough to stream 480p30. And the software from Elgato for streaming and recording just works fine for me.
Thank you! going to look into getting one here soon :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom