• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How to use a charger in Tower Control and Rainmaker?

Heart of Ice

Semi-Pro Squid
Well I'm still trying to get better with chargers and while I do well in both Turf Wars and Splat Zones, I still have issues with Tower Control and Rainmaker.

I think that might be because I don't have to move as much in Turf War or Splat Zones. Because the objective is stationary or relatively stationary. I can stay in the same 2 sniper nests for the entirety of some Splat Zones maps. And in Turf Wars I really only need to change my nests when my teammates begin to push further into the enemy's section of the map.

However both Tower Control and Rainmaker are very mobile game types. I actually thought Tower Control would be pretty easy because the enemy would be forced into a small area in order to push the objective.

But I've found that I frequently have to change positions in order to follow the tower and I often don't have enough friendly ink laid down because everybody is so hellbent on taking the tower that I often end up getting flanked and or trapped because I'm forced to move quickly and that's not something chargers are particularly good at.

Rainmaker has the same problems as Tower Control, but it's even worse because the path the tower in Tower Control follows is already drawn out making it easy to predict where it'll go next. But in Rainmaker the path is wherever the f*** the person carrying the Rainmaker feels like going. This makes it kinda hard to form a consistent strategy when the location of the objective can be so unpredictable.

Any ideas as to what to do you guys?

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
E-litres work well on TC but there is no real superior way of using chargers on TC. Rainmaker you just need to focus on popping the Rainmaker's shield and splatting the Rainmaker. If you can't do that at the time focus on what chargers usually do.

Green Waffles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Woah what the heck???
I remember seeing this thread and could have sworn it had more replies:scared:

Yeah, if you aren't the direct pusher, you have to learn a more mobile playstyle as a long range charger.

BUT, I personally have a grand ol' time riding the tower as a splat charger or hydra splatling =P
Carrying the rainmaker as an e-liter or hydra can be painful when trying to dodge enemy fire, but it can still work if your teammates are stellar bodyguards.

Mystrite

Full Squid
NNID
toffee_too_too
BUT, I personally have a grand ol' time riding the tower as a splat charger or hydra splatling =P
Carrying the rainmaker as an e-liter or hydra can be painful when trying to dodge enemy fire, but it can still work if your teammates are stellar bodyguards.
You shouldn't be holding the rainmaker because of the weapons swim and run speed drop (20%) and then with the rainmaker (1 Main I believe)you just evolved into a snail. Riding the tower with chargers is for some but not for others. Riding the tower as a charger is best when your not travelling in the centre of the enemy's territory:
----------------------
---------------------- < So when you're not here
----------------------

Netro Vince

Pro Squid
NNID
vchutt
i would say to get better at aiming and shooting a the right moment it really helps if you go in campaign mode or going into that try out yer weapon thing, i don't know what they call it

ThatOneGuy

Inkling Commander
NNID
BattadaBeast
I can't believe I've never seen this post.
I know I can help you out m8, charger fam 4 lyfe up in herre.

For Tower Control I play a defensive sort of strategy, going out to a standard rollout spot, and trying to pick off nubs trying to get on the tower. However, most of your opponents are going to be smart and start trying to dodge your shots. This can be rather frustrating, especially if the opposing sniper gets a shot off on you while you do this. To remedy this, try to right peek, jump shot, and change your location frequently. This makes you much harder to predict, as the opponents don't get a warning and are unaware of the fact that you are aiming at them. Tower Control for Chargers is a mixed bag, but learning to relocate and use your shots efficiently is key, especially when your opponents are trying to hide behind the tower pole. Ideal Chargers I use for this mode are The Kelp Scope (Wail is amazing at denying the tower and its riders.), Custom E-Liter (Kraken is great for making additional points or straight up blitzing the tower), Fresh Squiffer (If you're into that), The Bento Scope (Wall allowing for some great tower rides).

Rainmaker is a bit less cut and dry, there's a huge gray area when playing this mode. As your opponents can easily make a comeback at the end of the match and you need your team to be mobile. I'd suggest switching to something more suited towards gaining map control. However, knowing when to push up is key in this mode, being purely defensive will cause you to lose. Again, you want to be unpredictable in your shots, just like how the rainmaker path is unpredictable. However you want to act like a guardian angel to your team, sniping whoever gets in the way or wants to harm them. So good choices would be: The Vanilla Liter (echo helps predict flanks and burst bombs help coverage), vanilla scope (bomb rush helps claim turf quick), the kelp scope (Wail and Sprinkler help pop the shield quick), and the Custom E-Liter is still a solid choice (Kraken to chase down the carrier and beacons help get right back into the action).

Netro Vince

Pro Squid
NNID
vchutt
All you need is courage to succeed when you have that you will know the answer to well everything, at least that's how it was for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom