• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

How your main weapon(s) has changed since Splatoon has been out

nick2427

Inkster Jr.
NNID
CM86
I thought this would be a fun thread to discuss each of our experiences with certain weapons since May 2015 when this game was released. Here is mine:

Before the game came out, there was a splatoon direct. Here I got to see the splat roller more in action. It really intrigued me for some reason, and I told myself that I would master that particular weapon. When the game came out, I immediately went with the krak on splat roller. Unfortunately, my rolling career did not last long. The internet convinced me that the krak on roller was in the top 5 most used weapons in splatoon (same list also had the e liter second to last). I am the type of person that does not like doing what everyone else is doing. That is literally the reason I dropped the roller.

So I looked through the weapons and tried them all out. The jet squelcher caught my attention because it had such good range. I ended up playing with that weapon for a good 2 weeks. Unfortunately, I ran into another problem. At the time I did not think the jet squelcher looked that cool so I looked for another weapon (yes that is the actual reason).

I liked the range the jet squelcher gave me so I found another weapon with good range AND looked cool to me and that was the .96 gal. I think what especially hooked me on this weapon was the sprinkler as the sub weapon. The sprinkler just seemed so good because it would just keep going unless you died or someone shot it. At this point, I thought I found my main weapon to play in splatoon. It looked cool, felt good, and had my favorite sub weapon. Now keep in mind at this time, I had already tried the charger class and completely hated it because I did not understand how to do well with them.

BUT that was not the case. I ended up switching to the splattershot jr as my main because it inked so much which was important to me at the time AND it looked like one of those little water guns in real life which was cool. So I traded range in for ink coverage. I had a blast with this weapon because I was always first on my team and just liked its inking. But one day I came across an e liter user who absolutely wrecked me. I remember telling myself that the e liter always looked cool to me but I knew I was terrible at chargers. However I decided to give this weapon one more chance.

Its around the beginning of August now. I am playing around with the e liter. I sucked for like the first 20 matches but then started learning how to use it. Then it started to become fun to play and felt good to get a kill with it. I soon upgraded my e liter to the e liter scope. To this day, I still play with it if you can believe that. I have also got out of my unusual reasons for not wanting to play with certain weapons since then and play with all the others I have previously mentioned.

My whole intention when splatoon came out was to find a weapon I really like and stick with it. That was not a good idea. You should use whatever weapon you feel like using at the time and do not force yourself to pick a main. Nowadays I play with weapons that I feel like playing at the time, but if I want to get my bread and butter out, the e liter scope comes out.

The funniest part of the whole story: I was going to be a roller main and never use a charger. Now chargers are my best class competitive wise and I barely use rollers! Funny how certain things work out. That is my splatoon story at least for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom