• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

[HUB] A jump-thread for further developing Splatoon's Competitive Meta

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Hello again, everyone.

As we all know, this forum has been riddled with people proposing and discussing what ruleset(s) to adopt for Splatoon. I, for one, find it very difficult to catch every single proposal and things of the sort. So, I figured that I would make an attempt to combine all of the proposals/other noteworthy threads so that we as a community can move foreward in trying out these proposals and ideas and eventually selecting the best one. So, here I go.

Specific Ruleset Proposals (in no particular order)
Formulating the Best Ruleset: General Discussions
Maps (For assigning 'neutral' and 'counters'. A discussion we must have)
Weapons (Deserves a category, not particularly of interest here, but may be of use to some with map balance.)
Successful Previous/Ongoing events to look to for results (also note rulesets used)

Please let me know by replying to the thread or PMing me if you come across any threads that fit one of these categories so that I can add them to the list. Note that this is for threads to help us develop the meta, not looking at how teams should be set up, or things of that sort.

HUGE shoutout to everyone trying to push this game along, whether mentioned up here or not. I don't know about anyone else, but I've defenetley liked the progress that I've seen with the meta thus far. It can only get better from here!

Again, please let me know if there's a thread I missed. I can only do so much!

Last edited:

WydrA

Inkling Commander
Looks good. This looks like something that might be sticky worthy, but idk, i'm not a mod so...

CutestFish

Pro Squid
NNID
Ultimatumm

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I'd like to point out my map selection system I have in place for my tournament which can be found at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ScH-rRkHZ81KpxecNrpvFB4eGajvk8DwcISkgvuBW0Q/edit under the pink text. It's entirely experimental but I think it's worth a shot since it gives both teams a choice in the matter, while allowing the losers to have the larger impact if they have a good idea of what they want to do.
Added your tournament thread along with a note at the top of the category.

GameGalaxy64

Inkling Cadet
NNID
FlareFusion
Should I go ahead and make a "What Splatzone and Tower Control Map has the Least Degenerative Gameplay?" Two seperate threads of course.

Last edited:

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Should I go ahead and make a "What Splatzone and Tower Control Map has the Least Degenerative Gameplay?" Two desperate threads of course.
Go right ahead. I'll keep refreshing the competitive discussion forum :P

Kosaki

Pro Squid
NNID
Kosaki-0
http://degteam.xooit.org/t94-R-glement-Inter-team-Clan-war-ruleset.htm
This is a ruleset we've come up with. It is based on the Ink or Sink tournament ruleset with some modifications added. (English version is below the French version)

In a nutshell :
4v4, Bo7, all modes, all stages, weapon/gear swapping allowed after each game, players swapping not allowed unless serious connection issues.
Considering the length of a Splatoon game in each mode, I think Bo7 is the best option to show the level of play of both teams.

1st mode played decided by 1-1 striking, host strikes first. (which favors the non-host team, to balance with the fact host strikes maps first)
1st stage played decided by 1-2-1 striking, host strikes first among the 5 initial maps of the game. (only these 5 to keep the striking step short and so the number is uneven)

The other 5 stages can be picked for the following games.
Winner can ban one map for the whole clan war. (each team can ban one and only one stage)
Loser picks the next map, except the one banned.
DSR applied.

As Rainmaker will be added to game, we will seriously think about dropping Turf Wars from the ruleset. As we think this mode is not as competitive-friendly than the other 2. We will see before-hand if Rainmaker will suits for competitive play of course (and I don't have much concerns about it tbh, SZ and TC are fabulous).

Any thoughts on that ?

Btw, I don't think we should rip off CS:GO rulesets for Splatoon, which makes teams play a Bo30 round on only one map for most.
Maps in Splatoon are not as complex as in CS:GO, and I don't think we benefit in playing a same map over and over again. And all game modes in Splatoon makes you switch between Attack and Defence during the same game.

Last edited:

Blue24

Inkling Commander
NNID
bluebomber2425
Yes! When things are all over the place I usually just start to ignore that genre.

TheRapture

Dystopian Future Paint Desperado
Admin
NNID
Ya_Boi_Rapture
Good thread. Gonna hit it with a sticky. Quite the resource to have here, thanks for putting it together!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Yes! When things are all over the place I usually just start to ignore that genre.
Neat! Thanks for putting my thread, too!
Good thread. Gonna hit it with a sticky. Quite the resource to have here, thanks for putting it together!
No problem, guys. I figure that it had to be done eventually. Please let me know if there is a thread that I should add. I would be more than happy to!

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
Updated with a few more tournaments tonight. Since rulesets are getting less diverse, I have generally done the tournament to come first to use the ruleset. We will see how they all work out.

Kbot

Full-time TO
Event Organizer
I do not understand a thing u ppl r saying... :p
Oh wow this is a blast from the past. A lot has changed...I should get around to updating this.

If you have specific questions feel free to let me know. I'd just suggest reading through some of the links up there and asking :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom