[Hypothetical Discussion] Single-Slot Rerolls

buttfield

Full Squid
I'm not sure how often this comes up, but does the idea strike anyone else as being a valid option to exist alongside Spyke's current rerolls? Even at the same price point as a three-slot reroll, it gives a possibility for better precision and flexibility in equipment rolls.
It'd also be effective in (partially) bridging the gap in equipment quality between infrequent/casual players and game regulars, while also making rerolling less frustrating for both parties.

For an example, I have a Layered Anchor LS (Squidforce, Run Speed Up) with two Run Speed Up secondaries. Making that into three Run Speeds through normal rerolls is horribly unlikely, with odds worse than one in four thousand, while a single-slot reroll on the off ability is almost trivial by comparison (1 in 16.5). Regardless of how I'm ranked or how much I've got on hand, I'd be much happier to burn time and energy on odds that can be represented without negative powers of ten.

birdiebee

Inkling Commander
NNID
birdiebee
I've always said this should be a patch or included in the sequel.

Nothing is stopping people from save-scumming, so they might as well streamline the process. People that want pure gear are going to get it. It's almost set up so that they don't want you to have viable gear, so it encourages using the exploit to optimize your competitive game, which is counterintuitive.

So yeah, it should be a thing.

electraheart

Senior Squid
NNID
howalive
Rerolling is such a pain. Not everyone can participate in the splatfests to get sea snails (ie THINGS TO DO EVERY SATURDAY aka me)
and 30k is a lot of money. like 10 ranked wins or 30+ turf war wins. and that takes such a long time.
i hate how random it is honestly

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom