• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I have a couple questions.

mattagross

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6526-3318-7794
Hello! I've got a few questions that I don't need answered but they'd be nice to know.

1. How in the world do you use the Stingray? I understand it in concept but it's just so... awkward to me. Sometimes I do cool stuff like this but that's like, 1/100 tries.

2. Should I just jump into Ranked? I do want to try to take this game seriously, mostly because I'm competitive, enjoy this game, and think I could do well, but I tend to get Ranked anxiety. This is true for almost any competitive game I play.

3. Are there any abilities I should prioritize for 3 slots of? I've got gear with 3 main of Run Speed, gear with 3 main of Ink Saver Main, maybe Ink Recovery? I know the sub slots matter too but I'm just sure what to prioritize.

Thanks!

Ansible

Squid Savior From the Future
Community Ambassador
Wa~ait... is that... the main mech from ToQger and... oh my! lol

Well for that, of course I'll help answer some of your questions.
  1. What you did is one method I normally use when operating the Sting Ray. Even with the new 1.0s health recovery update. A good part of using the Sting Ray is both knowing the map and predicting what your opponents are doing/will do once you attack them. For example, during your clip they were likely caught trying to climb and/or jump off center when you hosed them. So they either stood there or moved vertically, letting the damage stack up instead of moving horizontally to clear the stream. At least, that's my interpretation.
  2. Yes. Do it. Got rank anxiety? I don't care! DO IT!
  3. Depends on your weapon(s) of choice and preferred playstyle(s). Use a recommended setup or figure out something you like yourself. Over time you'll modify it or discover something entirely different you prefer. For example, my main Bamboozler setup drifted from whatever recommended/meta setup exists to involving Ninja Squid and switching between Drop Roller or Stealth Jump as core abilities. Why... heck if I know—but I enjoy the utter ridiculousness of it♥!

mattagross

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-6526-3318-7794
Yes. Yes it is.

1. It just comes down to practice I guess. I'm just not used to aiming it yet.

2. Well alright then.

3. All I can think of is SUDDENLY BAMBOOZLER

Thanks friend!

Hello! I've got a few questions that I don't need answered but they'd be nice to know.

1. How in the world do you use the Stingray? I understand it in concept but it's just so... awkward to me. Sometimes I do cool stuff like this but that's like, 1/100 tries.

2. Should I just jump into Ranked? I do want to try to take this game seriously, mostly because I'm competitive, enjoy this game, and think I could do well, but I tend to get Ranked anxiety. This is true for almost any competitive game I play.

3. Are there any abilities I should prioritize for 3 slots of? I've got gear with 3 main of Run Speed, gear with 3 main of Ink Saver Main, maybe Ink Recovery? I know the sub slots matter too but I'm just sure what to prioritize.

Thanks!
I agree that stingray is very awkward, and I have no idea how 2 use it either! For me, i only play ranked if it is a mode i like/map i like. the abilities depend on ur weapon, tho.

Keee

Inkling
Switch Friend Code
SW-0554-9715-4212
1. Beats me! I just drag it along and hope it starts popping

2. Coming from someone that also gets ranked anxiety in general, Splatoon has been one of the only games that I can jump into competitively and not stress over too much. The nature of communication is virtually void of negative pressures from teammates or enemies, and the ranking system is fairly generous. Think about it as the game sorting you into a ranking where you belong skill-wise - not because you're good or bad, but because through wins and losses you'll even out to a rank that comfortably represents where your playstyle and knowledge of the meta fit best. I'm at about an A in every mode sans Clam Blitz and I pretty much am okay with that because if I were in a higher rank I would not be playing at the level I perform best at and would just get frustrated.

3. I have four "kits" saved to my four amiibos that I change between based on my mood with about 5 different abilities spread across mains and subs. For example when I'm winding down before bed, I have a kit with Special Charge/Power Up, Tenacity, Ink Recovery and Thermal Ink for when I wanna play something non-aggressive that I can sit back with long range and build up special power to fling from the shadows. Then I have a more aggressive kit for when I'm in the opposite mood, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom