I just saw something I thought I'd never see in the current meta and I hope it's a sign of things to come

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
I won't spoil the team name, but they just won a tournament recently with a comp that didn't include either Cooler or Zooka. Now granted, there are two caveats. It was a weekly and also a Zones only tournament. However, the fact that a team was able to do with using the same comp through the whole tournament and without using the current top two specials in the meta right now is a very impressive feat in my opinion. I hope this can possibly be a catalyst for a meta shift. If anyone knows the team and tournament I'm talking about feel free to comment.

McSquid82

Inkling Cadet
Pronouns
He/him
NNID
Ewel
Switch Friend Code
SW-7398-4915-8969
When I first made this thread I didn't want to spoil who won the tournament because it was earlier in the day at the time, but now that I can talk about it I'll give my thoughts. Like I said earlier, this was just one tournament and a zones only one at that. Even so, I think that Tartarus managed to pull out a win without using two of the top specials in the game speaks volumes. Their level of coordination was insane and the comp they used seemed to be designed to counter the current meta. If you're not going to run a Pencil, then the Z+F Scope is a good substitute, as it's the only weapon with the range and kit that can contest it.

The rest of their team was something that completely threw me. Three short range weapons that heavily relied on their anchor didn't seem like something that should have worked, but it did. However, it's the combination of specials that really helped this team win this thing. If you're not going to use Cooler, or Zooka, than I guess Tri-Strikes, Crab Tank, Ink Jet and Big Bubbler is a good alternative team comp to fight with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom