I need to ask this question...

techton

Senior Squid
Why is lag an advantage in this game?

Players who are lagging can be extremely unpredictable. You can be killed by your victim's ghost, is what I like to call it, when you get killed by your victim 2 seconds after you killed them thanks to lag.

You can be killed by a player using a Sploosh from 8 feet away, you can randomly die from a roller despite them aiming in the other direction, and sometimes you just die trying to kill the slippery "lagger".

It's a bit unfair, and sometimes I think that people somehow intentionally screw up their internet knowing that they can do things other, normal players can't so they can get an advantage in battle.

My suggestion is to region lock the matchmaking, that way we aren't playing with players who've probably connected from another galaxy beyond the Milky Way. ;)
Also, boot anybody from a server who's ping is above 150.

EDIT: On a side note, I hope that the introduction of the paid online thing will fix most of these problems. I really look forward to it.

techton

Senior Squid

Dessgeega

Egyptian Goo God
Switch Friend Code
SW-3756-0533-5215
Frankly, the situation isn't likely to ever be improved. A lot of these issues, being shot through walls and such, can happen even in LAN mode which you'd think would minimize latency, implying that many issues are baked into the code. Even dedicated servers wouldn't remedy that.

It is what it is unfortunately, all we can do for the moment is enjoy the game despite these hiccups and hope Splatoon 3 handles it better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom