I think I got it. The Equipment build for my new Gal

PowrToPlay

Inkster Jr.
NNID
jdb1984
I've been looking into the Gal, and I'm happy with what I see thus far. Since one of them (I haven't decided which) will become my new main, I decided to build my abilities set using the Gear Set Finder.

Here's what I came out with (don't know how to do the 80x80 pictures of gear, sorry):

Headgear-
Splash Goggles
Ability-Defense Up
Sub-Special Duration Up x3
(This may change if I choose a gal that won't have a special that uses Special Duration Up)

Clothing-
Zapfish Satin Jacket
Ability-Special Charge Up
Sub-Special Saver x3

Shoes-
Red Hi-Tops
Ability-Ink Resistance
Sub-Swim Speed Upx3

Last edited:

NotAPerso

Inkling Cadet
NNID
PersocomLover
Unfortunately only one defense main is practically useless in the current damage up meta. It will very rarely, if ever, save you from anything and if it appears to help it's more likely placebo than actual help. So if you decide on running damage up with a gal (it feels nice when you have enough) then I recommend a minimum of 9 subs worth (or a relative equivalent). If you don't want to dedicate a build to defense then I recommend switching defense out for something more useful (Ink recovery, swim speed, ink saver [main]).

While you're at it switch out the special duration up as well since it's mediocre on Kraken (you'll get more benefit to Kraken with more swim speed and that helps outside of Kraken too), decent at best with echo (needs to be stacked for effectiveness), and absolutely useless on either .52 (but I assume by gal build you meant .96 because 6 damage up subs are pretty much required for .52 build imo).

If you only switch out the headgear then I'd recommend Bike Helmet, amiibo hair clip (depending if you get a good sub roll), or Fake Contacts.

SupaTim

Prodigal Squid
NNID
SupaTim101
Have you checked out the build compendium for ideas?
http://squidboards.com/threads/the-what-do-i-use-with-this-weapon-build-compendium.19608/

I'll second @NotAPerso, defense up is usually stacked to a ridiculous degree to have any sort of impact. Special duration doesn't help the gals too much (the .52 not at all). Personally, I try to run 3 subs of special duration with my krakens, but NOT at the expense of swim speed. I like the satin jacket, but I try to run ink efficiency on the gals. The splash walls take a lot of ink, and it helps to have some ink saver to keep firing after a wall.

If using the .52 in ranked you definitely want the equivalent of 2 mains of damage up. Defense stacking is a thing and that is the only way to ensure a 2-hit-splat for the .52, which is important. In turf war you won't find too many defense builds, so using only one sub of damage up is usually adequate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom