• Welcome to SquidBoards, the largest forum dedicated to Splatoon! Over 25,000 Splatoon fans from around the world have come to discuss this fantastic game with over 250,000 posts!

Start on your journey in the Splatoon community!

I wish they would remove the time limit for recon mode

Smashling79

Inkling Cadet
NNID
Linkmaster3000
Sometimes I wish I could just ink the maps 100% for fun, and just fool around, but I can't because of the time limit whether it's 3 or 5 minutes. I just don't get it. What's even the point of it? If it's because of the map rotation, I'm sure they'll still be able to kick you out. It would be nice if they just got rid of it.

Dreamy Luigi

Inkling Cadet
NNID
DreamyZack
Yeah it's annoying, especially when walking around testing out your weapon on certain perches/spots to see how much range it has.

SquiliamTentacles

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Mr_Squigggles
I think it's to feel like a real match, but the time limit seems pointless to me. The mode is not to test out an actual, full blown game, but to test out with your weapon and find useful spots. The time limit just seems annoying.

If enough people ask for it, I don't think it's impossible for it to change. Nintendo already did numerous balance patches and adjustments, and they seem to somewhat listen to their players. The win multiplier for splatfest has increased twice due to player demand, and they just adjusted the ranked leaderboards to not solely reflect on splats. Just have to wait and see.

Hero of Lime

Inkling Fleet Admiral
NNID
Link643
Switch Friend Code
SW-5339-5185-8796.
I suppose, but I've never felt like I didn't have enough time to explore the stage. An awesome way to give you a simulated battle would be bot battle mode. Seven bots with similar AI to the enemy Octolings would be a great way for someone to try out a new weapon without heading straight into a real battle. I know I would love that feature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom