Idea: Customizing Your Own Gear

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
Just thinking: Wouldn't it be cool if you could customize your own gear? Just like in Fire Emblem, where you could customize weapons and make them a certain color, strength, accuracy, weight etc. But for Splatoon, we could have something like customizing your own gear for the color, the star ranking, the special ability that comes along with it(i.e. Ink Saver[Main]), and possibly name, so one could have their favorite gear with their favorite abilities. All of this would have to cost cash though, of course.

So what do you think? Stupid Idea? Smart Idea? Feel free to talk about it.

Last edited:

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
It sounds like a good idea to me, but I imagine that you wouldn't be able to select subweapons or special weapons for balancing purposes (and it's confirmed that there will be predetermined sets for weapons). It would be a nice touch to be able to create textures to go over gear similarly to Animal Crossing New Leaf; I personally would be content with the option to put miiverse stamps on gear, but it would be nice to see something more extensive than that.

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
It sounds like a good idea to me, but I imagine that you wouldn't be able to select subweapons or special weapons for balancing purposes (and it's confirmed that there will be predetermined sets for weapons). It would be a nice touch to be able to create textures to go over gear similarly to Animal Crossing New Leaf; I personally would be content with the option to put miiverse stamps on gear, but it would be nice to see something more extensive than that.
I meant special abilities as in abilities like Ink Saver [Main] and things like that, not Sub-weapons and special-weapons. But I see where you could get that mixed up, I should have worded it better. And yeah, those are both interesting ideas too. You could make patterns just like Animal Crossing, and use your own images/stamps from Miiverse. Good ideas.

2xDair

Full Squid
NNID
Elecrogelion
I meant special abilities as in abilities like Ink Saver [Main] and things like that, not Sub-weapons and special-weapons.
Now I see what you meant; I think that's a great idea, having control over abilities on gear. I would much rather see that over the whole randomization element for the equipment. It's been confirmed that Super Sea Snails are used to reroll abilities, but it would be great if you could actually pick the abilities on gear for a greater cost (in sea snails). Randomness is is bit of a turn off for me in games, but I'm sure that the game developers will make the best with whatever system they choose.

missingno

Inkling Fleet Admiral
Pronouns
he/him
NNID
missingno
Switch Friend Code
SW-6539-1393-3018
I'm really worried about how much of a grind it'll be trying to find the exact combination of abilities you want when they're all randomly generated. I would absolutely love anything that would let me just pick what I want and go, I hate having to grind in a multiplayer game.

Lyn

Squid Savior From the Future
Premium
That'd be very cool, I wish Nintendo had a system like this, honestly.

Trieste Sp

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
It would be absolutely fantastic if they did this. Unfortunately, they didn't.

RedML51

Senior Squid
NNID
RedML51
customization is always a plus in games, so I like the ideas

they could certainly add it in later via DLC

Judd

Semi-Pro Squid
NNID
GreatLordChrom13
Thanks for the thoughts everyone! I also believe that DLC could be added to make this function possible, but then again they probably won't do it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom