Ideas sharing for new gamemodes

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
I think we can all agree we'd love to get some new gamemodes to change things up a bit. One idea I came up with is called "Ink and Destroy". How it works is that both teams have three pilar-like things on their side of the map. Every once in a while, an ink explosive would spawn in the middle of the map (called a "Sea4", get it?). Each team would have to get their hands on the Sea4, plant it on one of the pillars in the enemy's side of the stage, and protect it until it gets destroyed. You win by knockout if you manage to destroy all the enemy's pillars, but if not, whichever team destroyed the most pillars by the end of the round wins. I'd love to hear your ideas for new gamemodes as well!

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
I think we can all agree we'd love to get some new gamemodes to change things up a bit. One idea I came up with is called "Ink and Destroy". How it works is that both teams have three pilar-like things on their side of the map. Every once in a while, an ink explosive would spawn in the middle of the map (called a "Sea4", get it?). Each team would have to get their hands on the Sea4, plant it on one of the pillars in the enemy's side of the stage, and protect it until it gets destroyed. You win by knockout if you manage to destroy all the enemy's pillars, but if not, whichever team destroyed the most pillars by the end of the round wins. I'd love to hear your ideas for new gamemodes as well!
I like it compared to toer dudes because it doesn’t focus on splatting opponents, which is what Nintendo wants. I feel like it should be something else besides and ink pillar because it would seem a bit off if you know what I mean. Also I don’t get the Sea4 joke.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
I like this idea. I definitely think we need more modes to play and I think this could be a likely option for a new one. I think the 3 pillars should be set up like the checkpoints in TC so each one is closer to the enemies spawn and I think when youre carrying the Sea4 that you should be running like you do when youre carrying the ink storm special before you throw it (also should you be able to throw the sea4?) there will definitely be lots of splatting when fighting over who gets the sea4 and also splatting when defending it at each pillar as I believe the sea4 should have a 30 second fuse time to give a fair amount of time for the opponents to try and stop it. After the sea4 blows up though will a new one respawn in the center or should it respawn in the destroyed pillar? If it goes back to the center then I think that could make the rounds go long or potentially be too difficult as either the whole team would have to go back or the opponents could just bypass their first pillar to flank and make the sea4 to make a push back

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
After the sea4 blows up though will a new one respawn in the center or should it respawn in the destroyed pillar? If it goes back to the center then I think that could make the rounds go long or potentially be too difficult as either the whole team would have to go back or the opponents could just bypass their first pillar to flank and make the sea4 to make a push back
If one team defuses it before it blows up a pillar, then whoever defused it gets it in their possession. If it blows up a pillar, then it respawns in the middle of the map. I'm thinking it should also act somewhat like the rainmaker, where you have a timer for how long you can hold it.

Village Squidiot

Senior Squid
Switch Friend Code
SW-5320-0179-1531
Ooo i just got another idea for a game mode. Ink Ball (actually kinda got the idea from rocket league but whatever *shrug* lol) so each team will have a big goal by their spawn and they gotta try to get the ink ball into the others goal and itll be a huge ball so it wont be easy to move it but concentrated fire or bombs will help move it faster (youll need to plant bombs or use a blaster to get it up over certain ledges and stuff on the map)

Last edited:

Mr. Squiggly Squid

Inkling Commander
Ooo i just got another idea for a game mode. Ink Ball (actually kinda got the idea from rocket ball but whatever *shrug* lol) so each team will have a big goal by their spawn and they gotta try to get the ink ball into the others goal and itll be a huge ball so it wont be easy to move it but concentrated fire or bombs will help move it faster (youll need to plant bombs or use a blaster to get it up over certain ledges and stuff on the map)
That sounds cool, but it sounds too similar to rainmaker. Maybe the ball would move faster and you'd have to score multiple times to win?

AnnARK6

Inkling
NNID
AnnARK6
Splater... « no special weapon mode »
Octocube ... allowed only gamecube controller...
Cuttlefish son... splaton 1 weapon.
music off mode ...« music off »

Flopps

Inkling Commander
Switch Friend Code
SW-3195-9273-4326
Splater... « no special weapon mode »
Octocube ... allowed only gamecube controller...
Cuttlefish son... splaton 1 weapon.
music off mode ...« music off »
Splater - LOL all Splattershot and Sploosh mains are dead
Octocube - I don't have one
Cuttlefish son - Zink Mini w/:ability_runspeed:
Music off mode - Easy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom